Brisbane, QLD /
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, and building to a mid-sized global organisation in just 12 months, our growth speaks for itself.
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate. Our global talent are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
This role is a great opportunity for a passionate Production/Assembly Operator to join our growing team to build our world-class drone autonomy and mapping systems. As a production technician at Emesent you will be involved in building, testing and supporting the development of Emesent products. This role will suit a person experienced in a quality driven production environment with a keen interest in technology and innovation.
Salary $55,000 - $75,000 + Super
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assemble electronics and mechanical modules into subsystems and finished products.
- Perform production tasks safely, accurately and efficiently, with a focus on quality.
- Participate in and contribute to quality assurance processes to maintain a consistent high standard.
- Problem solving, fault finding and diagnostics on product issues.
- Troubleshooting and repair of PCBs and products.
- Identification of design/manufacturing/assembly issues and possible solutions.
- Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Prepare production documents, such as standard operating procedures, manufacturing batch records, inventory reports, or productivity reports.
- Contribute to stock management and procurement processes.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of production experience in a quality and accuracy driven team environment.
- Expertise in electronic and mechanical assembly in production from written procedures
- Good understanding of and ability to read and understand prints and schematics.
- Background in practical electronics, circuit fault finding, electronic test equipment and troubleshooting.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to execute a detailed test plan and prepare useful test reports.
- Competent familiarity with computer based instructions, filing, data recording and QA procedures.
- Strong problem solving skills and efficient management of time and resources.
- Excellent communication skills
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with robotic systems and familiarity with various concepts in robotics.
- Advanced soldering and mechanical assembly skills.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work with a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Great work environment and facilities.
Emesent embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.