Electronics Manufacturing Technician
Brisbane, QLD /
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, and building to a mid-sized global organisation in just 12 months, our growth speaks for itself.
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate. Our global talent are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
This role is a great opportunity for a passionate production/assembly technician to build our world-class drone autonomy and mapping systems. This role will involve building, testing and supporting the development of our products. This role will suit a person experienced in a quality driven production environment with a keen interest in technology and innovation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform production tasks safely, accurately and efficiently, with a focus on quality.
- Assemble electronics and mechanical modules into subsystems and finished products.
- Participate in and contribute to quality assurance processes to maintain a consistent high standard.
- Problem solving, fault finding and diagnostics on product issues.
- Troubleshooting and repair of PCBs and products.
- Identification of design/manufacturing/assembly issues and possible solutions.
- Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Calibrate, test and package finished products to ensure quality production and adherence to customer specifications.
- Prepare production documents, such as standard operating procedures, manufacturing batch records, inventory reports, or productivity reports.
- Contribute to stock management and procurement processes.
- Assist engineers in developing, building, or testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Expertise in electronic and mechanical assembly from written procedures
- Good understanding of and ability to read and understand prints and schematics.
- Background in practical electronics, circuit fault finding, electronic test equipment and troubleshooting.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with manual and automatic test equipment including spectrum analysers, network analysers, DSOs, power meters etc.
- Ability to develop and execute a detailed test plan and prepare useful test reports.
- Competent familiarity with computer based instructions, filing, data recording and QA procedures.
- Strong problem solving skills and efficient management of time and resources.
- Excellent communication skills
- Trade qualification in electronics/electrical/mechanical; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years production experience in a quality and accuracy driven team environment.
- Experience with robotic systems and familiarity with various concepts in robotics.
- Advanced soldering and mechanical skills would be advantageous.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degrees in Engineering or a related field.
- Competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work with a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Four weeks annual leave.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.