Brisbane, QLD /
Business Operations /
Emesent has built a reputation for delivery of cutting edge and impactful technology. Emesent develops, manufactures and delivers leading solutions that automate the collection and analysis of data for the mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping industries. With an extensive list of global distributors, our B2B solution includes hardware, software and services.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, and building to a mid-sized global organisation in just 18 months, our growth speaks for itself.
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate. Our global talent are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
This role is a great opportunity for an energetic accountant with diverse experience, who prides themselves on delivering the very best service and professional financial outcomes to the business. You will be responsible for owning and enhancing the day-to-day accounting and financial processes within the business and contributing to the effectiveness of our team.
- Work closely with Director of Finance and other finance team members to deliver effective business outcomes
- Produce month end management accounts (PL, Balance Sheet, sales and production metrics)
- Transactional accounting, including daily invoicing, bank reconciliations, ad hoc reports
- Deliver against workflow SLAs with various departments within the organisation
- Prepare data for reports for Board meetings
- Assist with payroll, budgeting and forecasting
- Make recommendations for system improvements and contribute positively to the outcomes delivered by the finance team
- Assist other departments to understand budget processes, finance policies and requirements
- 3+ years experience in small - medium sized business with responsibility for the finance function
- Excellent technical accountancy knowledge
- Strong excel skills
- Experienced user of Xero or equivalent accounting software
- Excellent ability to analyse financial data
- Responsive to and proactive about delivering change, with a positive growth mindset
- Methodical, thorough and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and effectively to deadlines
- Friendly and proactive attitude to maintain our current office culture
- Excellent “can do” attitude towards work
- CPA / CA (or extensive equivalent experience)
- Experience working with Hubspot or similar CRM system
- Competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work with a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Four weeks annual leave.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.
Be a part of a dynamic, growing company that values its people and delivering revolutionising technological solutions.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.