Brisbane, QLD /
General Job Inquiries /
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia and building to a mid-sized global organisation in as little as 2 years, our growth speaks for itself.
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate. Our global talent are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
The VP of Engineering will lead the strategic development and productisation of Emesent software and hardware products and services. Working closely alongside the CTO and leadership team in this role you will contribute substantially to the development of the technology strategy and lead engineering processes, team growth and delivery.
This is an excellent opportunity to work at the cutting edge of robotics technologies and data analytics, in a dynamic organisation enjoying growth in both domestic and international markets.
- Grow, retain and engage a ‘best in class’ engineering team and culture, empowering them to achieve their goals;
- Contribute to the technology strategy along with CTO and the executive team;
- Effective leadership of the overall engineering team and your direct reports, coaching and supporting them in their professional development and challenging them to step outside of their comfort zone to unlock their full potential;
- Establish a team structure that will allow for speed, quality and effective cross-team engagement;
- Efficient delivery of the product roadmap through increased velocity. Improve cadence / speed of delivery, improve engineering quality, define and improve engineering culture, develop and implement best engineering practices and processes
- Implement and oversee the execution of the engineering strategy; this will be focused on strategy and execution of current bets and how they evolve
- Leverage your technical expertise to contribute to the development of Emesent products e.g. through design, concepts, architecture, methodology and contribute to Emesent's patent & IP portfolio
- Provide insight into project progress, current engineering issues and challenges so that the CTO can maintain visibility without requiring day to day involvement;
- Key contributor to solving the ongoing challenge in a scale up of balancing our ambitions with product delivery;
- Contribute to build effective workflows and interfaces with other departments
- Ongoing performance measurement of the engineering team to optimise and reward high performers and address any underperforming issues;
- Management and oversight of engineering related budget, ensuring we stay within our budget or flag potential challenges; managing the annual bottom-up budget for the engineering department
- Demonstrated technical leadership with a history of delivering complex products to market within a high-growth technology company
- Experience scaling a high-performing technology team within a deep technology environment
- Demonstrated success of product delivery that has driven company and revenue growth
- Technical product commercial experience, ideally with hardware and software
- Effective engineering process management expertise
- Highly technical engineering and/or research background with deep understanding of autonomous systems, big data analytics, digital twin technologies and/or GIS.
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills; effective at achieving resolution of complex issues
- Great communicator, effective at working with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent at attracting, selecting and retaining high quality talent
- Deep understanding of drone autonomy technologies or 3D/4D data platforms and architectures
- Track record of patents, scientific or industrial publications in relevant technical areas
- Able and willing to work hands-on in the detail through to a strategic level
Be a part of a dynamic company that values its people and delivering revolutionising technological solutions.