Senior UI Developer - 3D visualisation of realtime data
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, and building to a mid-sized global organisation in just 12 months, our growth speaks for itself.
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate. Our global talent are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
This role is a great opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic user interface developer to join our Flight Autonomy team; you will join the team building an advanced interface to allow pilots to use our high level autonomy functions, and visualise complex underground and indoor environments, in real time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and implement responsive applications using Web Technologies and/or Android, with real-time 2D/3D data visualisation.
- Assist with design and development of other user interfaces to the drone and Hovermap payload, which cover alternative operating scenarios.
- Propose and experiment with alternative concepts for environment visualisation and supervision of an autonomous drone; we are doing something new and need someone to help us produce a novel solution.
- Engage with engineers and end-users to formulate high level requirements and user experience concepts + workflows.
- Own your high level concepts, and implement them without supervision.
- Ensure a consistent look and feel to the user interfaces and produce the required icons, colour schemes and other graphical elements.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- University level qualifications in software engineering or a related field.
- 3+ years of developing user interfaces for a range of software.
- Experience taking very high level requirements, and using these to formulate and implement novel user interface solutions.
- Experience optimising user workflows by improving interface designs and layouts.
- Demonstrated experience in Java / Kotlin or C++.
- Experience with modern Web development frameworks and tools, including Angular, AngularJS, React, Material Design, Bootstrap, SASS.
- Experience with developing a consistent look and feel with unique colours, icons, animations and layouts.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to ensure high quality code and good outcomes for stakeholders.
- Experience with development tools using GIT or SVN, Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence), IntelliJ, VSCode or Android Studio.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with 3D data visualisation, using WebGL (e.g. BabylonJS) or other 3D frameworks (Unreal, Unity).
- Experience developing apps in Android or IOS.
- Exposure to DJI Mobile / UX SDK, Mavlink.
- A basic understanding of ROS (Robot Operating System) is advantageous.
- Experience developing applications to interface with control systems, autonomous vehicles, sensors etc.
- Competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work with a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Four weeks annual leave.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.