Software Engineer - 3D Graphics
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, and building to a mid-sized global organisation in just 12 months, our growth speaks for itself.
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate. Our global talent are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer with experience in 3D graphics to join our analytics team. You will be responsible for developing engineering visualisation software that enables inspection and interaction with the high density point cloud data our Hovermap payload produces.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implementing 3D graphics components of the analytics software.
- Translating engineering data into structures suitable for 3D rendering.
- Designing and implementing interactive 3D elements of the user interface.
- Developing 3D rendering pipeline, including managing system resources and performance.
- Engage with team member and other stakeholders.
- Delivering high quality, high performance and well documented code.
- Implement automated testing and develop manual testing procedures as appropriate.
- Contribute to internal and external documentation such as design documents and user manuals.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Qualifications (Bachelor+) in software engineering, computer science or related field.
- 3+ years of software development experience with C++ and OpenGL shaders.
- Experience in designing and developing user interfaces in a 3D context.
- Strong problem solving, mathematics and spatial reasoning skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Self motivated with a strong desire to ensure good outcomes for stakeholders.
- UE4, Unity or other game graphics engine.
- Point clouds and 3D data analysis software.
- CAD software development.
- Surveying or GIS tools and software development.
- LiDAR mapping and/or SLAM.
- Image and/or video processing.
- Work on both Windows and Linux.
- Competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work with a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Four weeks annual leave.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.