QA Engineer - Software & Hardware Integration
Brisbane, QLD /
Software Engineering /
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, and building to a mid-sized global organisation in just 12 months, our growth speaks for itself.
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate. Our global talent are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
This role is a great opportunity for a senior QA person to help us establish our formal QA systems, and put these to use. You will be testing our advanced drone autonomy software stack, and associated hardware including the hovermap mapping and autonomy payload, accessories for this payload, and the drones on which we deploy our system.
- Take responsibility for establishing QA systems, processes and practices from the ground up.
- Assist with the deployment of formal QA into our hardware and software development processes.
- Conduct full system acceptance testing as part of our software release cycle.
- Work with our software developers to conduct acceptance testing of features as they are completed.
- Design comprehensive test cases for full system acceptance testing.
- Design test cases for new hardware and software features as they are developed.
- Verify that fixes for defects and new features work as expected and handle errors effectively.
- Strong experience in Quality Assurance for small to large software and hardware projects
- Good verbal communication skills - comfortable communicating with team members and management staff at various levels.
- Good written communication stills - ability to produce professional documents and emails.
- Effective ability to share testing knowledge and test strategy in a collaborative atmosphere in order to lead and influence positive quality results among engineering teams
- Strong experience in planning, preparing, and executing functional, integration and user acceptance testing, including end-to-end test scenarios across multiple systems and processes
- Strong experience in developing test strategies, and managing all aspects of software testing and defect management
- Ability to work in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Willingness to undertake commercial drone pilot training.
- Familiarity with Jira or similar issue tracking software.
- Familiarity with software tools for test case management.
- Experience as a commercial drone pilot.
- Experience with spatial data acquisition and mapping.
- Experience with CI / CD pipelines.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Employer-contributed superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Four weeks annual leave.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.
Be a part of a dynamic company that values its people and delivering revolutionising technological solutions.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.