Technical Project Manager
Brisbane, QLD /
Technical Operations /
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, and building to a mid-sized global organisation in just 12 months, our growth speaks for itself.
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate. Our global talent are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced technical project manager building strong commercial project partnerships and overseeing full lifecycle project management. You will be responsible for initiating and managing commercial negotiations and ongoing commercial relationships, overseeing proof of concept development, and driving product and service development and delivery to a high quality standard.
Working with the CTO and Product Management teams you will build a clear, strategically aligned project roadmap. Working with the SVP Sales and the Head of Finance you will define and deliver value and profitability in project planning.
- Successful on-time and on-budget delivery of a number of overlapping projects of various sizes
- Professional client relationship management, reporting, issues and change request/variation management
- Formulate compelling project proposals and support the commercial negotiation of projects with customers
- Track and report progress, manage progress payments and other financial matters.
- Align with corporate capacity and strategic plans to set achievable milestones. Facilitate the creation, review, and approval of project deliverables.
- Create and manage artifacts to manage project profitability, time tracking, budgeting and performance reporting.
- Define, source and manage necessary project resources.
- Align with agile delivery methods and broader strategic roadmap.
- Provide technical coordination of vendors and suppliers.
- Implement appropriate project management systems and methodologies.
- Complete and deliver project reports to management, clients and grant-making bodies
- Experience + success with structured project delivery frameworks and methods
- Demonstrated experience delivering milestones with unknown outcomes (research)
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement: proactive, clear, organised
- 5+ years technical project management experience.
- Strong knowledge of Hardware and Software Engineering principles and practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management principles and product lifecycle management.
- Enthusiasm for a fast-growing, fast-changing environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and creative thinking skills.
- Strong understanding of the industry and competitor trends.
- The ability to proactively engage with both corporate and site-based external stakeholders and clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate the Emesent value proposition to prospects and clients.
- Tertiary qualifications in Robotics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mining, or related field.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Australia and abroad as required.
- Background in Robotics, Software Engineering or Automation.
- Experience with supporting the sales process of products or services to mining companies.
- Significant interest in industrial innovation and technologies, with the ability to communicate and identify new opportunities for application of the technology.
- Demonstrated experience in taking new and technologically advanced products to market.
- Competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work with a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Four weeks annual leave.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.
Emesent embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Be a part of a dynamic company that values its people and delivering revolutionising technological solutions.