Head of Operations
Brisbane, QLD /
Business Operations /
Emesent has built a reputation for delivery of cutting edge and impactful technology. Emesent develops, manufactures and delivers leading solutions that automate the collection and analysis of data for the mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping industries. With an extensive list of global distributors, our B2B solution includes hardware, software and services.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, and building to a mid-sized global organisation in just 18 months, our growth speaks for itself.
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate. Our global talent are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
As Head of Operations you will play a key role in supporting Emesent through its next chapter of growth. Working closely with the executive team, you will enable our business to deliver results by using a hands on approach to proactively manage our operational resourcing, remove obstacles and barriers, manage major projects, standardise and systematise work, and integrate all functions of the business. Your aim will be to maximise the value of our company’s greatest asset – its people. In doing so, you will identify future opportunities for operational excellence of people, processes and systems, building and executing an effective transformation plan. You will ensure all stakeholders and team members are aligned, engaged and contributing to operational excellence outcomes.
- Establish and maintain relevant operational policies in line with company requirements across all functional business groups and supporting culture and vision
- Develop and implement programs that anticipate future needs and continuously improve business operations including technical tools and processes.
- Continuously review all business processes and tools and ensure they are right-sized for the business and use of them is understood and adhered to by all stakeholders as we scale
- Manage all business operations and provide leadership around project management when required to ensure all activities are delivered on/under budget and on time
- With the CEO, develop, implement and manage culture alignment initiatives which anticipate organisational needs and support growth and development of everyone (eg. guest speakers who have supported different change activities rolled out as part of the Emesent Express program)
- Manage all people operations and Human Resources. Ensure company culture supports the best that our people have to offer. Lead and manage the performance and continuous development of the team
- Ensure latest contractual templates are used, gaps are anticipated and rectified and are available for use as/when required and with the Head of Finance & Corporate Services manage development of any new documents and/or requirements.
- Ensure all operational contracts are effectively executed and are centrally controlled to ensure the rights of the company, its stakeholders and employees are protected
- Experience leading and growing the operations and/or people function in a scaling business.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute an effective operations strategy that delivers on business objectives and key commercial outcomes.
- Strong people leadership capabilities and ability to effectively and empathetically manage teams working on concurrent initiatives with competing demands.
- Effective communicator and strong collaboration skills
- Ability to lead effective projects and deliver on budgets
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement in process and system optimisation
- Strong background in building effective organisational culture
- A strong and practical understanding of risk and compliance management with a commercial lens to risk management.
- Relevant tertiary qualification e.g. in Business or Operations
- Experience in a technology company encompassing both software and production
- Competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work with a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Four weeks annual leave.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.
Emesent embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Be a part of a dynamic company that values its people and delivering revolutionising technological solutions.
No recruitment agencies thanks.