Software Engineer - C++, Embedded, Robotics
Brisbane, QLD /
Flight Autonomy /
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, and building to a mid-sized global organisation in just 12 months, our growth speaks for itself.
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate. Our global talent are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented software engineer to join our robot autonomy team. You will assist with ongoing development of our drone flight autonomy and mapping stack.
The role will be tailored to suit the applicant, from recent graduate to mid-level engineers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Development, maintenance and integration related tasks for our ROS based software stack.
- Contribute to CI/CD build processes.
- Engage with team member and other stakeholders.
- Delivering high quality, high performance and well documented code.
- Implement automated testing and develop manual testing procedures as appropriate.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- University qualifications in Software Engineering, Robotics or related fields
- Strong background in C++ development
- Familiarity with software development in a Linux environment
- Strong academic record (recent graduates)
- The ability to design, implement and deliver high quality software. Emphasis on good design, quality, correctness and maintainability.
- Excellent communications skills, and a high level of self motivation
- Must have the right to work in Australia
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in robotics related subjects e.g. SLAM, path planning, control, perception, state estimation
- Exposure to ROS, or other robotics frameworks
- Experience working with git, Docker, CI tools, Python
- Experience with Linux systems administration
- Exposure to modern software development practices (agile methodologies, continuous integration, etc.)
- Competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work with a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Four weeks annual leave.
- Flexible working.
- Great work environment and facilities.