Head of Production
Brisbane, QLD /
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, and building to a mid-sized global organisation in just 12 months, our growth speaks for itself.
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate. Our global talent are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
This position is a great opportunity for an experienced production manager with expertise in leading and scaling production processes for electro-mechanical products. This role will involve oversight of the building and testing as well as supporting the development of our our world-class drone autonomy and mapping systems.
Based in Brisbane and serving a global market, this role will suit a person experienced in a quality driven production environment with relevant expertise.
Salary $95,000 - $120,000 + ESOP + super
Standard office hours
- Manufacture high quality Emesent products to fulfill sales orders
- Optimise and implement production processes, procedures, instructions and equipment
- Build production capacity for scale
- Oversee the assembly, integration, calibration and quality control of Emesent products produced in-house
- Establish and oversee effective processes to deliver hardware returns investigations and repairs in a timely manner.
- Establish new production lines and/or outsourced production for increasing volume and additional product lines
- Build sales order management processes to optimise customer outcomes, liaise with business development and customer success teams to manage customer expectations
- Liaise with product engineering to define acceptance for manufacture requirements
- Contract manufacture engagement and management for sub assemblies and future outsourcing
- Supplier sourcing and quality control
- Stock management and procurement
- 5+ years of production management experience in a quality and accuracy driven team environment.
- Expertise in developing and optimising electronic and mechanical production procedures
- Meticulous attention to detail ensuring high levels of quality
- Proven ability to deliver agreed production outputs on schedule
- Strong familiarity with computer based production management systems for stock management, instructions, filing, data recording and QA procedures.
- Previous experience scaling production / setting up new production lines
- Strong problem solving skills and efficient management of time and resources.
- Excellent communication skills
- Relevant tertiary qualification e.g. engineering
- Experience with LiDAR technology
- Experience with Fishbowl or similar production management systems
- Competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work with a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Four weeks annual leave.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.
- Healthy snacks and coffee.
Be a part of a dynamic company that values its people and delivering revolutionising technological solutions.
Emesent embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.