Software Engineer - High performance C++, Python
Brisbane, QLD /
Data Analytics /
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, and building to a mid-sized global organisation in just 12 months, our growth speaks for itself.
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate. Our global talent are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to join our analytics team to help us develop world class analytics software. You will be responsible for integrating algorithms, data back-ends and user interfaces into a cohesive software package to enable users to process and analyse data from our Hovermap payload.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with data scientists on complex software algorithms to integrate research work into commercial product.
- Contribute code to algorithms to improve performance, resource usage, robustness, reliability and maintainability.
- Contribute code to algorithms, user interfaces and system frameworks to ensure all components interact seamlessly.
- Ensure all software components and dependencies are incorporated into a single software bundle for release.
- Delivering high quality, high performance and well documented code.
- Engage with team member and other stakeholders to ensure expectations are met.
- Contribute to internal and external documentation such as design documents and user manuals.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive software engineering experience with C++ and python.
- Experience working with and improving complex algorithms.
- Experience with a range of software products and platforms.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Self motivated with a strong desire to ensure good outcomes for stakeholders.
- Qualifications (Bachelor+) in software engineering or a related field.
- Experience developing data analysis and/or engineering software.
- Experience working on caching, compression and/or data indexing algorithims.
- Experience using techniques such as multi-threading, cache optimisation or SIMD instructions to improve software performance.
- Experience packaging and documenting software for delivery to non-technical users.
- Licensing and IP protection systems.
- Experience with cross platform development.
- Competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work with a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Four weeks annual leave.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.