Business Development Manager
Brisbane, QLD /
Sales & Customer Success /
Emesent has built a reputation for delivery of cutting edge and impactful technology. Emesent develops, manufactures and delivers leading solutions that automate the collection and analysis of data for the mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping industries. With an extensive list of global distributors, our B2B solution includes hardware, software and services.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, and building to a mid-sized global organisation in just 12 months, our growth speaks for itself.
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate. Our global talent are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
This role offers an excellent career opportunity for an experienced and motivated business development manager to join our sales and customer success team, contributing to the expansion of our business. As the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for growing topline revenue from the sale of Emesent products through the development and maintenance of long term strategic relationships with new and existing clients. In this role, you will be expected to perform all the activities required to support a sales engagement from the initial meeting or demonstration through to technical closure.
OTE $160,000 - $200,000 depending on experience + super
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and execute a regional business plan, and build targeted account plans, resulting in a robust business growth pipeline
- Build and maintain executive relationships with customers, influence long-term strategic direction, and act as a trusted advisor to ensure retention and growth in spend.
- Conduct periodic reviews of business to ensure accurate forecasting and opportunity management; analyse wins and losses; present regular, accurate reports for management for review
- Drive business growth by delivering increased year-on-year revenue, gross profit and total contract value (TCV).
- Identify key customers, opportunities and emerging markets.
- Work with relationship owners to provide consultative client engagement and thought leadership in defining and driving sales activity for demand generation and winning propositions
- Build and maintain quality internal relationships across the organisation
- Manage multiple opportunities through the entire business cycle simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary
- Provide client and market led input into product strategy
- Meet/exceed annual sales targets and performance KPIs
- Travel as required within Australia and abroad
- 5+ years experience in sales, and/or business development in a technical industry - preferably mining or infrastructure.
- Proven track record of consultative solution selling, and securing commitment with customers to achieve joint objectives.
- Demonstrated success in developing and effectively implementing sales solutions to meet the customers’ needs and drive business results.
- Strong customer facing presentation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated customer relationship management experience.
- Build and maintain a strong understanding of the industry and competitor trends.
- Ability to proactively engage with both corporate and site-based external stakeholders and clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate the Emesent value proposition to prospects and clients.
- Able to travel domestically and occasionally internationally.
- Experience in selling products or services to mining companies.
- Background in surveying or GIS.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Significant interest in industrial innovation and technologies, with the ability to communicate and identify new opportunities for application of the technology.
- Demonstrated experience in taking new and technologically advanced products to market.
- Tertiary qualifications in mining, surveying, engineering, or related fields.
- Competitive remuneration + commission package.
- Employer-contributed superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Four weeks annual leave.
- Structured career progression opportunities
- Learning and development support.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.
Emesent embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Be a part of a dynamic company that values its people and delivering revolutionising technological solutions.
No recruitment agencies.