Hardware Engineering Manager - R&D, Robotics
Brisbane, QLD /
Hardware Engineering /
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia and building to a mid-sized global organisation in as little as 12 months, our growth speaks for itself.
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate. Our global talent are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced Mechatronics / Electro-mechanical Engineer who is passionate about leading strategic projects, hardware design, problem solving and robotic systems. You will be responsible for designing mechanical and/or electronic solutions for the next generation of Emesent’s drone autonomy and mapping products, performing testing of prototypes and pre-production units, lead the development project schedules and budgets, and manage stakeholder relationships.
This is a genuine opportunity to work at the cutting edge of robotics technologies, in a dynamic organisation enjoying growth in both domestic and international markets.
$100,000 - $125,000 + ESOP + super
Responsibilities and Duties
- Holistic team leadership, management and scheduling as required to deliver project specific outcomes.
- Oversee new product delivery process from conception through to manufacture and support.
- Professional client relationship management, reporting, issues and change request/variation management
- Successful on-time and on-budget delivery of a number of overlapping projects of various sizes
- Electro - mechanical design using Solidworks and other industry tools.
- Lead the architecture and interface requirements creation and implement these whilst designing, developing, prototyping, and verifying new products from concept through to production.
- Research, design and development of products for manufacture.
- Testing, verification and validation of designed products to ensure they meet the necessary requirements and specifications for manufacturing, and under anticipated usage scenarios and operating conditions.
- Liaise with internal customers, suppliers and sub-contractors in relation to design architecture, interfaces and issues.
- Assist in the preparation and review of system documentation including System Specifications, Risk Analyses, Regulatory Submissions etc.
- Write critical verification and investigation reports to a high level of detail.
- Interface with other project stakeholders to ensure that the system objectives are balanced with overall project objectives.
- Maintain technical skills and awareness of technical improvements, advice management team of new technological advances.
- Significant experience in full lifecycle hardware development thorough to production.
- Strong project management skills and stakeholder relationship management experience.
- Bachelors or Master degree in Mechatronics/Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Mechanical design of parts and assemblies, including drawings, documentation and releases. (Solidworks)
- Ability to find novel solutions for design problems particularly, weight restrictions, IP ratings, vibrations.
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary systems (Mech, elec, etc.)
- Eligible to work in Australia
Desirable Skills and Experience
- You have experience with robotic systems and familiarity with various concepts in robotics.
- Experience using simulation tools for mechanical design.
- Competent level of embedded programming skills.
- Experience using 3D printing for prototyping.
- Experience with electrical and electronics design and software (Altium).
- Experience designing test jigs and evaluation platforms.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Employer-contributed superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Four weeks annual leave.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.
Be a part of a dynamic company that values its people and delivering revolutionising technological solutions.