Manager, Sales Operations (Inside Sales)
Westlake Village, CA (or remote USA) /
Product – Commercial /
About Energy Vault
Energy Vault is the creator of renewable energy storage products that are transforming the world’s approach to utility-scale energy storage for grid resiliency. Applying conventional physics fundamentals of gravity and potential energy, the system combines an innovative crane design that lifts specially designed, massive composite blocks with a proprietary, cloud-based software platform which orchestrates the storage and discharge of electricity. Utilizing eco-friendly materials and manufacturing processes at unprecedented economics, Energy Vault is accelerating the shift to a fully renewable world.
About the role
As the Manager, Sales Operations you will utilize your customer engagement skills to respond to customer inquiries and effectively present Energy Vault’s products and services to our clients. You will leverage your commercial skills to manage the customer expectations and deliverables throughout the sales cycle. You will also lead the day-to-day management of the sales operations including the direct ownership of Energy Vault’s CRM process, as well as providing the oversight on proposals formulation and management, with the objective of supporting the team in delivering on time and quality proposals to our customers. Working closely with the sales leadership team, you will design and prepare financial dashboards to present the sales KPIs to the company executives and lead the data mining activities in support of sales strategy formulations.
What you will do
- Lead customer engagements, manage the sales operations, and create the necessary sales tools to create an effective sales organization with an efficient operating rhythm.
- Shape a culture of collaboration, innovation, constant improvement, excellence, transparency, open mindedness, humility, integrity, efficiency, joy, compassion, and fulfillment.
What a qualified candidate will possess
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience OR 7+ years of experience.
- Energy sales to utilities, independent power producers, and/or large industrial customers.
- Excellent customer engagement skills.
- Desire to lead commercial activities with a drive to create opportunities and book deals.
- Expertise with Excel and ability to create dashboards for reporting quickly and effectively.
- Ability to mine data and extract insights to shape sales strategies.
- A passion for carbon neutrality by 2050.
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.