Director of Software Engineering
McLean, VA (or remote USA) /
EV Solutions – Engineering and Technology /
About Energy Vault
Energy Vault is the creator of renewable energy storage products that are transforming the world’s approach to utility-scale energy storage for grid resiliency. Applying conventional physics fundamentals of gravity and potential energy, the system combines an innovative crane design that lifts specially designed, massive composite blocks with a proprietary, cloud-based software platform which orchestrates the storage and discharge of electricity. Utilizing eco-friendly materials and manufacturing processes at unprecedented economics, Energy Vault is accelerating the shift to a fully renewable world.
About the role
As Director of Software Engineering, you shall provide technology leadership by partnering with cross-functional teams and guide architectural and design decisions for Energy Vault Solutions (EVS) controls platform.
What you will do
- Collaborate with engineering, data science and optimization, product, and operations teams to create alignment and deliver on objectives for the EVS controls platform.
- Establish and communicate best practices and standards in software engineering, product development, and cybersecurity.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentorship to teams and cultivate them to grow into leadership positions and operate with autonomy while delivering on goals and objectives of the EVS controls platform.
- Identify and address current and future skill gaps through rigorous planning and hiring.
- Take business concepts and break them down into software engineering products and deliverables.
- Communicate business concepts to technologists and software engineers.
- Shape a culture of collaboration, innovation, constant improvement, excellence, transparency, open mindedness, humility, integrity, efficiency, joy, compassion, and fulfillment.
What a qualified candidate should possess
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related
- 10+ years’ experience in software development (Cloud-based preferable).
- 4+ years leading and building software engineering teams.
- Familiarity with AWS products and services.
- Hands-on experience architecting and building data heavy software products, preferably IoT/time-series data.
- Familiarity with deployment of analytics/ML products to production.
- Experienced in implementing and driving software, data, and security best practices and setting teams up for success.
- Validated capability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and build solid working relationships.
- Experience building technology products for both internal and external users.
- Proven track record leading technical teams from inception through growth.
- Capability to effectively balance multiple platforms, teams, assignments, and priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with focus and precision.
- Experience working and delivering products or services in an agile/lean environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Renewable Energy and Energy Storage industry a plus.
- A passion for carbon neutrality by 2050.
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.