Senior/Lead Project Manager, IES
Westlake Village, California /
Project Execution and Customer Delivery – Controls, Proj Mgmt, Planning/Estimating/Scheduling /
About Energy Vault
Energy Vault develops and deploys sustainable energy storage solutions designed to transform the world's approach to utility-scale energy storage in realizing decarbonization while maintaining grid resiliency. The company's proprietary gravity-based energy storage technology, battery storage technology, and energy storage management and integration platform are intended to help utilities, independent power producers and large industrial energy users significantly reduce their levelized cost of energy while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial re-use, Energy Vault is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the clean energy transition for its customers. For additional information, please visit: www.energyvault.com.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Senior/Lead Project Manager, BESS Projects to manage and optimize performance of Energy Vault BESS (Battery Energy Storage System) projects. You will collaborate and manage engineering, procurement, and construction execution team members plus outside consultants, service providers, vendors, and suppliers to deliver projects sold by the commercial team. As we rapidly grow and deliver on more contracts worldwide, you will help document and build scalable processes, technology, and products.
What you will do
- Ensure project execution, safety, cost, schedule, and quality are delivered in accordance with the contractual obligations and scope of work.
- Work with Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) partners to develop schedules, deliverables, budgets, staffing plan, forecast at completion, change management and other support requirements for assigned projects.
- Lead and champion the project Health & Safety program.
- Direct and manage the Project Team for the execution of the Project scope of work.
- Facilitate and coordinate handovers between projects stages: sales proposals, project initiation, project execution, customer turnover.
- Manage, report on, and control project costs and schedule through all phases of the Project.
- Administrate the project in accordance with contract requirements and procedures.
- Own communications for stakeholders and project team.
- Orchestrate project closeout and document lessons learned.
- Track progress against the established project plan and make decisions to alter or update schedule and resource allocation as needed to meet schedule requirements.
- Report on project progress, and issue analysis to key stakeholders; including executive management and internal functional teams.
- Identify, manage, and obtain approval of scope, cost, and schedule change.
- Ensuring adherence to the controlled budgets and baseline schedules.
- Provide recovery action plans when critical milestones are not met to get the project back on track.
- Manage project invoicing and purchase orders, and coordinate ordered equipment logistics.
What a qualified candidate should possess
- 10+ years of experience with managing projects, preferably in building power stations, PV, or other utility-scale power projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (civil, electrical, mechanical, or similar), Management, or related is preferred.
- 2+ years of BESS or PV project experience preferred.
- Experience independently overseeing large multi-million-dollar projects.
- Experience permitting with local authorities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint).
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, up to 40%.
- Work in public companies is a plus.
- Comfort in fast-paced, rapid growth environments.
- A passion for sustainability, our mission, and our vision is a bonus!
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.