Java Software Engineer
McLean, VA (or remote USA) /
EV Solutions – Engineering and Technology /
About Energy Vault
Energy Vault develops sustainable energy storage solutions designed to transform the world’s approach to utility-scale energy storage for grid resiliency. Our proprietary gravity-based Energy Storage Technology and the Energy Storage Management and Integration Platform are intended to help utilities, independent power producers and large industrial energy users significantly reduce their levelized cost of energy while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial re-use, Energy Vault is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the clean energy transition for its customers. Energy Vault previously announced an agreement for a business combination with Novus Capital Corporation II (NYSE:NXU), which is expected to result in Energy Vault becoming a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbols “NRGV” and “NRGV WS” in the first quarter of 2022, subject to customary closing conditions.
About the role
The EV Solutions team is looking for an experienced Java developer who will contribute to the design and implementation of intricate distributed software systems utilized in operation of multi-technology power plants.
What a qualified candidate should possess
- Bachelor's in Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related), or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years' experience in Java programming
- Proficient in developing Java applications including knowledge of JVM, multi-threading, TCP/IP networks
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with object oriented programming and use of design patterns
- Experience developing modular and scalable software platforms
- Proficient working in Linux environment
- Hands-on experience with Kafka
- Experience working with AWS cloud services
- Experience developing software control systems
- Experience in energy industry (renewables, energy storage, oil/gas)
- Knowledge of industrial automation protocols (Modbus RTU/TCP, DNP3, OPC UA)
- A passion for carbon neutrality by 2050
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.