Manager, Construction Projects
Westlake Village, California /
Operations and Engineering – Project Execution and Customer Delivery /
About Energy Vault
Energy Vault develops sustainable energy storage solutions designed to transform the world’s approach to utility-scale energy storage for grid resiliency. Our proprietary gravity-based Energy Storage Technology and the Energy Storage Management and Integration Platform are intended to help utilities, independent power producers and large industrial energy users significantly reduce their levelized cost of energy while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial re-use, Energy Vault is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the clean energy transition for its customers. Energy Vault is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbols NRGV and NRGV WS. For more information, please visit www.energyvault.com.
About the role
As a critical member of the Customer Delivery & Execution Team, as Manager, Construction Projects you will coordinate with the Energy Vault engineers and our Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) partners to determine the suitability of a proposed site. This will include a detailed assessment of the site for project feasibility; then, you will develop a schedule with costs to meet targeted completion dates inclusive of crew size and capital construction requirements to achieve commissioning target dates. As the project progresses you and the EPC will adjust for delivery of incoming construction material and work with Procurement on our supplier deliveries to support the overall project schedule.
What you will do
- Lead construction projects, managing staged completion milestones to meet Revenue recognition schedules, revising as appropriate, to meet changing project needs and requirements.
- Manage the staged delivery of construction materials than balances construction crews’ readiness and cash flow to the company.
- Work with our Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) partners to develop schedules, critical deliverables, budget, resource allocation plan, and other support requirements for assigned projects.
- Track progress against the established plan and make decisions to alter or update schedule and resource allocation to meet product requirements and construction schedule.
- Communicate program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to product stakeholders; collaborate with management and internal manufacturing and development partners to implement changes to product, process, or program plan to resolve escalated issues, produce solutions, and ensure adherence to budgets and established product roadmaps and schedules.
- Use project planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results.
- Provide recovery action plans when critical milestones are not met to get the project back on track.
- Coordinate and direct matrixed teams and resources and proactively create room to collaborate across functions.
- Create and manage program schedules, risk management, budgets, and resource allocation plans.
- Author and review technical project documentation (Requirements, Design, Traceability, Validation planning).
- Capture best practices to reduce cost and schedule to be implemented in the next project.
- Shape a culture of collaboration, innovation, constant improvement, excellence, transparency, open mindedness, humility, integrity, efficiency, joy, compassion, and fulfillment.
What a qualified candidate should possess
- California General Contractor’s License, Class A is required.
- Battery storage project experience preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Engineering or similar field.
- 5+ years of practical experience in planning and execution of large construction projects consisting of capital, mechanical, or electrical projects.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a preference in Engineering-related degree (Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Process or Materials Science).
- Certification in Project Management preferred (PMP).
- Excellent project management skills and ability to balance multiple responsibilities and timelines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in effective communication of program plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Ability to travel and live near client site for extended periods of time.
- Comfort in fast-paced, rapid growth environments.
- Experience in public companies is a plus.
- A passion for sustainability, our mission, and our vision is a bonus!
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.