Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
Los Angeles area /
Finance – Finance /
About Energy Vault
Energy Vault is the creator of renewable energy storage products that are transforming the world’s approach to utility-scale energy storage for grid resiliency. Applying conventional physics fundamentals of gravity and potential energy, the system combines an innovative crane design that lifts specially designed, massive composite blocks with a proprietary, cloud-based software platform which orchestrates the storage and discharge of electricity. Utilizing eco-friendly materials and manufacturing processes at unprecedented economics, Energy Vault is accelerating the shift to a fully renewable world.
The Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A is an important function for Energy Vault, Inc., sitting at the center of the broader finance team to help the CFO, EV’s leadership and EV’s investors gain financial visibility and insights on the business. This position works closely with the Director of FP&A and Investor Relations. Here, the Finance Team sets the parameters and processes for the FP&A model and Financial Forecasting. Under general guidance, you will assist with investor updates, Actuals vs. Budget, variance analysis, quarterly forecast processes, and ad-hoc projects.
This role is hybrid with some office presence in Westlake Village, CA and some work-from-home flexibility.
What you will do
- Work in cross functional capacity to provide guidance for investors and assists with externals audits.
- Support the Finance team in monthly GL close and consolidation of US and foreign entities.
- Participate in preparation of quarterly forecasts.
- Analyze financial results and perform variance analysis.
- Participate in preparation of annual budgets.
- Continuously improve and automate reporting and forecasting processes.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and analysis.
- Shape a culture of collaboration, innovation, constant improvement, excellence, transparency, open mindedness, humility, integrity, efficiency, joy, compassion, and fulfillment.
- You will report to the Director of FP&A and Investor Relations.
What a qualified candidate should possess
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 4+ years of finance/accounting experience with progression.
- Strong understanding of financial accounting and G/L transactions.
- Experience with budgeting/forecasting/FP&A model.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with NetSuite, Tipalti, and, QuickBooks desirable, but not required.
- A passion for carbon neutrality by 2050.
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.