Manager, Financial Systems
Westlake Village, CA (or remote USA) /
Finance – Finance /
About Energy Vault
Energy Vault develops sustainable energy storage solutions designed to transform the world’s approach to utility-scale energy storage for grid resiliency. Our proprietary gravity-based Energy Storage Technology and the Energy Storage Management and Integration Platform are intended to help utilities, independent power producers and large industrial energy users significantly reduce their levelized cost of energy while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial re-use, Energy Vault is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the clean energy transition for its customers. Energy Vault is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbols NRGV and NRGV WS. For more information, please visit www.energyvault.com.
About the role
We are seeking a Manager, Financial Systems to manage and improve finance systems controls and functionality. You will fulfil an important function sitting at the center of the broader finance team to help the CFO, our leadership, and investors gain financial visibility and insight in the company’s ERP system NetSuite and all integrated functions including bill payments, expense and time management, audit admin, SEC reporting, Project Management, and Material Resource Planning. You will oversee day to day accounting and finance infrastructure functionality of the 100% digitalized Finance functions. You will set the set the parameters and processes for all information inflows on purchase orders, vendors, sales orders, into the expanded ERP system.
What you will do
- Continuously improve and automate NetSuite ERP processes.
- Provide NetSuite customized reports and solutions to meet reporting needs.
- Maintain system access, user roles and implement process and documentation for system changes.
- Collaborate closely with the Finance Team, IT, and other departments as well as external consultants.
- Support the Finance team in monthly GL close and consolidation of US and foreign entities.
- Analyze financial results and perform variance analysis.
- Work in cross functional capacity to provide support for SOX404 compliance.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and analysis.
- Shape a culture of collaboration, innovation, constant improvement, excellence, transparency, open mindedness, humility, integrity, efficiency, joy, compassion, and fulfillment.
What a qualified candidate should possess
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, information systems, or related field
- NetSuite Certified administrator or developer.
- 5+ years of experience with NetSuite administration or developer experience with progression; candidates with 8+ years of experience will be considered for Senior Manager title.
- General understanding of accounting and G/L transactions.
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, and FP&A models.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- NetSuite experience is a must.
- Familiarity with Tipalti, Nexonia, FloQast, and Workiva is desired but not required.
- Comfort in fast-paced, rapid growth environments.
- Experience in public companies is a plus.
- A passion for sustainability, our mission, and our vision is a bonus!
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.