Senior Industrial Network Security Engineer
Westlake Village, CA (or remote USA) /
Operations and Engineering – Information Technology /
About Energy Vault
Energy Vault develops sustainable energy storage solutions designed to transform the world’s approach to utility-scale energy storage for grid resiliency. Our proprietary gravity-based Energy Storage Technology and the Energy Storage Management and Integration Platform are intended to help utilities, independent power producers and large industrial energy users significantly reduce their levelized cost of energy while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial re-use, Energy Vault is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the clean energy transition for its customers. Energy Vault is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbols NRGV and NRGV WS. For more information, please visit www.energyvault.com.
Position Title: Industrial Network Security Engineer
Location: Westlake Village, CA or REMOTE (USA)
About the role
As an Industrial Network Security Engineer, you will develop, implement, and incrementally improve the secure Industrial Operations framework for the enterprise. This role is highly technical in nature and spans a spectrum of disciplines with a focus on network and architecture security spanning both Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), on-premises and cloud architectures, and associated services. The role will require architecture design skills, proactive monitoring, root cause analysis, auditing, as well as the ability to work cross functionally with various other disciplines. The main objective of this role is to communicate and cross-functionally collaborate to continually improve, scale, and secure an evolving IT ecosystem ensuring the highest levels of network security for our internal and external stakeholders. Strong innovation, curiosity, automation, communication, and organizational skills along with some out-of-the-box thinking will make you successful in this role. Energy Vault is a rapidly growing company so you will have an opportunity to be diverse and play an integral part in the company’s future security posture as the company scales.
What you will do
- Provide high-quality, cost-effective engineering to streamline security testing, evaluation, and reporting.
- Establish a consistent active and passive threat hunting capability using passive scanning technologies and intrusion detection and prevention services instilling security first mindset and awareness across the company
- Establish an effective, repeatable, and secure architecture framework for both internal and external stakeholders using industry best practices for design, efficiency. and cybersecurity.
- Participate in technical design reviews, integration, testing, and documentation efforts.
- Identify threats and develop suitable defense measures of existing architecture, evaluate system changes for security implementation, and recommend security enhancements
- Participate in initial development meetings providing security guidance and backlog requirements
- Assist with planning, implementation, and maintenance of a comprehensive enterprise-wide security program that protects Energy Vaults information and technology ecosystem
- Effectively respond to all reported security incidents and other reports of suspicious behavior related to the network
- Monitor and test network performance for potential bottlenecks and vulnerabilities, identify possible solutions, and work cross functionally to implement solutions and improvements
- Shape a culture of collaboration, innovation, constant improvement, excellence, transparency, open mindedness, humility, integrity, efficiency, joy, compassion, and fulfillment
What a qualified person should possess
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Computer Science or Science/Technology/Engineering/Math
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with handling industrial network architectures, components, and associated security best practices
- Experience with fuzz and simulation testing
- Experience with ProfiSafe, SCADA Sec, Modbus Sec
- Experience doing root cause analysis, risk assessments, and participating in postmortems
- Foundational cyber security knowledge in architecture, attacker methodologies, digital forensics, and incident response.
- Familiar with hybrid architectures (IIoT and Cloud)
- Familiar with Agile and Scrum practices
- Familiar with information security best practices NIST, IEC, ISO; familiarity with NERC, FERC is a plus
- Strong communication (verbal and non-verbal) and organizational skills, innovative, open-minded, and a team player
- Willingness to travel domestic and international 15-25%
- Experience in public companies is a plus.
- Comfort in fast-paced, rapid growth environments is a plus.
- A passion for sustainability, our mission, and our vision is a bonus!
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.