Product Manager (Senior or Midlevel)
Westlake Village, California /
Product – Product /
About Energy Vault
Energy Vault develops sustainable energy storage solutions designed to transform the world’s approach to utility-scale energy storage for grid resiliency. Our proprietary gravity-based Energy Storage Technology and the Energy Storage Management and Integration Platform are intended to help utilities, independent power producers and large industrial energy users significantly reduce their levelized cost of energy while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial re-use, Energy Vault is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the clean energy transition for its customers. Energy Vault is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbols NRGV and NRGV WS. For more information, please visit www.energyvault.com.
Position Title: Product Manager (Senior or Midlevel)
Reports To: VP Product Management
Location: Westlake Village, CA or REMOTE (USA); some domestic and international travel required
About the role
As Product Manager, you will report to the VP of Product Management and collaborate closely with a medium-sized, growing team of Product Managers and Sales professionals. You will contribute towards the technical vision and development of energy vault products, including battery energy storage systems (BESS). You will help with our product roadmaps and building scalable processes. Depending on your experience, you will meet with existing and potential clients and listen to and understand their situations and challenges. You will collaborate closely with engineering and operations to address client needs. You will understand the team’s KPIs and track appropriately your impact.
What you will do
· Further your deep understanding of our renewable energy storage industry, our products and technology, our processes, our people, and our past, present, and future.
· Collaborate positively with a team of other product managers and sales people.
· Competitive research and analysis.
· Product planning, roadmaps, and lifecycle management.
· Iterate on and evangelize product strategies that evolve regularly in our early stage.
· Slide preparation and presentation.
· Create, update, share, automate, and tell stories from spreadsheets and data dashboards.
· Interact dynamically with engineers and other technical and operational professionals.
· Shape a culture of collaboration, innovation, constant improvement, excellence, transparency, open mindedness, humility, integrity, efficiency, joy, compassion, and fulfillment.
What a qualified candidate should possess
- Bachelor's degree is preferred, ideally in a technical field.
- 2+ years of experience in product management, preferably in the energy storage industry.
- Comfort in startup/early-stage, rapid growth, fast-paced, high stakes environments.
- Expert-level listening skills; high level of emotional intelligence and humility.
- Proven success and flexibility operating under tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Deep understanding of complex technical systems.
- Global product experience is a plus.
- Customer-centric mindset.
- Comfort in fast-paced, rapid growth environments is a plus.
- Experience in a public company is a plus.
- A passion for sustainability, our mission, and our vision is a bonus!
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.