Data and Insights Manager, Asia [Hybrid/Remote]
Global Operations - Asia – Data & Insights - Asia /
Data & Insights Manager - Asia | Full-time Employee | Vietnam (hybrid/remote)
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a diverse team of Enveritas associates, field staff, and stakeholders to advance the sustainable development of smallholder farmers from six countries in Asia. We are a small team that lives by the code of winning or losing together; so right from day one, you will be working with a team that plays to win and supports one another.
The Data and Insights Manager, Asia will assist Enveritas in managing verification operations in Asia. In particular, this person will lead the data quality control process and insights generation of several Asian coffee origins.
What you will be doing:
• Manage data quality control process: Manage the data quality control process of several Asian coffee origins.
• Design, test, and scale new tools and SOPs: Design, test, and scale new tools and SOPs to be used by -- Enveritas country teams in Asia and throughout the world
• Projects: Lead and support special analysis projects on a wide range of sustainability topics, such as costs of production, greenhouse gas emissions, and the impact of Covid-19 on coffee farmers in the region
• Innovation: Work on new initiatives in collaboration with members of the Enveritas global team, which includes program & field operations managers, data scientists, product managers, software engineers, agronomy and coffee industry experts, and multi-generational coffee farmers
• Field visits: Gain direct experience and knowledge of coffee production, through visits to coffee farming communities and meetings with industry stakeholders and local coffee organizations
• Support expansion to new coffee origins
• Surface trends and insights to help stakeholders make data-driven decisions: Prepare reports for and engage with industry stakeholders and supply chain actors to help identify priority sustainability issues for coffee producing communities
And other duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge & Experience You Bring:
• Data Analytics: Strong analytical competencies, with experience in navigating through large datasets and deriving relevant insights with the use of data exploration or analysis techniques
• Tools: Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs applications, familiarity with quantitative data collection software/platforms; knowledge of Python or other programming languages beneficial
• Language: Fluency in English (required); Working proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia or Vietnamese preferred
• Education/Experience: college graduate or equivalent, with 3+ years of relevant work experience in consulting, business, finance, quantitative research, data analysis, the coffee sector, international development, or sustainable agriculture
Traits and Attributes You Have:
• Agility: Willingness to work in a fast-paced, multicultural team environment
• Communication: Excellent communication and analytical skills; flexible problem-solving attitude
• Passion: A driving desire to alleviate poverty among smallholder farmers and make the world a better place
• Humility: You recognize the limits of your own expertise and invite others into the conversation willingly
Work location and hours:
This position is part of the Asia team, reporting to the Head of Asia Operations. This is a full-time position, with typical hours Monday-Friday. This position can expect to travel about 30% of their time; travel will take place mostly within Indonesia, Vietnam, and other countries in Asia where Enveritas operates.
What we can offer:
• Everitas offers competitive salaries benchmarked on local context. Commensurate with experience, the expected base salary for this position will be equliviant to 45,000 and 65,000 USD annually; salary for this position will be paid in relevant local currency. The specific benefits and compensation details will vary as required to account for your region’s laws and requirements.
• Professional Development Stipend
• Weekly all-hands meeting with global team (virtual)
• Annual all-company retreat (as Covid and other travel restrictions allow)
The Enveritas team is about about 60 members globally; our team is made up of program & field operations managers, data scientists, product managers, software engineers, agronomy and coffee industry experts, and multi-generational coffee farmers.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond what we list as qualifications. Your life experiences help builds core competencies and knowledge that may be transferable to our openings. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions, particularly candidates from Indonesia/Vietnam are highly encouraged to apply.
Typical stages include:
• Submission of application. Please submit materials in English.
• Role alignment interview; an opportunity to learn if this position is a mutually good fit
• A panel interview with team members, including a live writing assignment to demonstrate communication skills and language fluency.
• Final interview; the candidate will interview with the Co-Founder of Enveritas. All finalists will need to provide three professional references.
Our work is complex and nuanced, so the more diversity we have in the voices working on our problems, the larger of an impact our work can have for the world. Enveritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging an inclusive and diverse workforce. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives, and cultural backgrounds that each individual brings to the workplace. We are dedicated to hiring employees who reflect the communities we serve and strongly encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
About Enveritas: Enveritas offers a new approach to sustainability assurance for companies and farmers. We are building sustainability solutions for smallholder coffee farming communities that are currently beyond the reach of existing certification and verification approaches. At Enveritas, we have developed a rigorous, scalable, and transparent verification method. This verification is the backbone of our Responsible Sourcing platform that helps companies meet their sustainability targets by investing in the areas that need it most.
Enveritas is a startup non-profit focused on helping 100 million people out of poverty by 2030. Founded in 2016 and fast-growing, Enveritas now operates in 26 countries and provides sustainability verification free of charge for smallholder farmers. Using leading-edge AI, Enveritas has developed innovative approaches to monitor deforestation and calculate carbon footprints in the supply chains of multinational firms. We are a fully distributed team of about 60 team members plus over 300 field staff in our partner organizations with an annual operating budget for 2021 at approximately $10M.
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions about this position. Questions about this opportunity or process will not reflect negatively on your application.