Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Engineering – Infrastructure /
Espresso Systems is the lead developer of the Espresso Sequencer, which supports rollups with decentralization, scale, and interoperability.
The Espresso Sequencer supports the decentralization of layer-2 (L2) rollups in the Ethereum ecosystem and beyond. It handles the decentralized sequencing and data availability of rollup transactions, functioning as a middleware between underlying layer-1 (L1) platforms and any zkVM or optimistic VM.
Contributors to Espresso comprise a diverse team located around the world. We are passionate about building a better infrastructure for how we transact and interact online. We are builders, designers, researchers, and hackers and have contributed in academia, in open source communities, in policymaking, and beyond. We are backed by over $30mm in funding from leading investors in technology and crypto including Greylock Partners, Electric Capital, Sequoia Capital, and Polychain Capital.
As a Lead Systems Engineer, you will be a hands-on project leader for a core component of our system, working together with management to make Espresso a reality. Your focus will be on the communication, consensus, storage, and reliability aspects of Espresso, while using the cryptography tools developed by our team.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of Espresso’s core blockchain infrastructure in Rust
- Take engineering projects from concept and design to production
- Create sound and realistic roadmaps
- Ensure deliverables for your project are met on time
- Work with management to determine the hiring needs of your project
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant field, or equivalent computer science and software engineering experience
- Experience shipping and taking engineering projects to production
- Experience with distributed systems and/or blockchain systems, especially P2P networking and consensus
- Understanding of software engineering and security best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for writing correct code
- Proficiency with Rust in a production environment (or similar strongly-typed languages such as C++, Haskell, Ocaml, etc.)
- Experience working on blockchain infrastructure, e.g. a layer-1 blockchain
- Enthusiasm for the rapidly developing Web3 ecosystem
- Fully remote with flexible hours
- Work alongside the brightest minds in the crypto space
- Competitive salary + equity package
- Regular team off-sites to international locations
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Top-tier health, dental, and vision coverage for US employees