UX Researcher / Designer
San Francisco, CA /
• optimists who think technology and finance can be powerful forces for good;
• self-starters who check our egos at the door; and
• practitioners of curiosity, humility, pragmatism, experimentation, and integrity.
We have come together to do the best work of our lives in service of combatting the climate crisis. If this resonates with you, please read on!
At Evergrow, we seek to build and sustain a carbon-neutral world. We plan to do so by unlocking solutions which reduce 1 gigaton of CO2e by 2030, scaling to 1 gigaton per year every year thereafter.
Specifically, we are developing a suite of products and services for decarbonization project developers. We are starting with a financial product that shields developers from carbon credit price volatility, helping them access the capital needed to get their projects off the ground. We will be quickly expanding this suite of products and services so that we can become the ultimate support system for decarbonization developers.
Our team has spent time at leading companies (e.g., Google, BCG, McKinsey & Co., D.E. Shaw, Pinterest) and academic institutions (e.g., Columbia, MIT, Stanford, Princeton). We are backed by leading investors from Silicon Valley and beyond, including XYZ Venture Capital, Congruent Ventures, First Round Capital, Garuda Ventures, My Climate Journey, Skyview Ventures, and founders and senior executives from Plaid, Brex, Twitch, Instacart, Charm Industrial, Living Carbon, and Bridgewater Associates.
You don't need to match every listed requirement to apply for a position, and we especially encourage individuals with traditionally under-represented backgrounds to apply. In particular, we are seeking people of color, women, those with disabilities, and those who identify as LGBTQIA to join our team. We want to build a company with diverse perspectives because we know they make our team stronger and better equipped to serve all decarbonization stakeholders.
About this Role
As the first UX Researcher / Designer at Evergrow, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our products and ensuring we are meeting the needs of decarbonization stakeholders such as project developers and capital providers. You will work with the rest of our team to develop actionable and meaningful insights for product and business development. In this role, you will help guide the end-to-end creation of a suite of products and services which enable the development of decarbonization infrastructure.
Ideally, you bring a track record of working in UX research and design in high-growth startup environments, preferably within finance, software, or the broader climate space. If you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and are passionate about designing mission-driven products and services, this role is for you.
We strongly prefer candidates who have a demonstrated passion for solving the climate crisis. Our entire team is dedicated to finding solutions to this challenge, and we are looking for likeminded people to join us as we grow.
You will be responsible for ...
- Developing a clear UX research strategy and direction across multiple cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Designing and conducting end-to-end research projects, using a variety of methods, both generative and evaluative
- Working with cross-functional team members to identify, prioritize and scope research needs from small to large, ensuring proper prioritization of the most impactful research work
- Helping to create prototypes which can be tested and refined with our customers
- Championing the needs of Evergrow's users (e.g., decarbonization project developers) and surfacing actionable insights that guide product decision-making
- Continuously building your knowledge of decarbonization infrastructure and technologies to more deeply understand the needs and challenges of stakeholders
This might be for you if you have...
- 4-6 years of industry experience in UX and / or design research related to software and / or finance
- End-to-end research experience (e.g., study design, test creation, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Deep expertise with qualitative and quantitative research methods, and can easily know when to use which
- Experience with digital design tools including Figma and Sketch
- A strong understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- Experience planning, leading, and managing research projects
- Ability to build wireframe prototypes which are used to iterate with customers
- Ability to crisply develop and share insights from the research process across teams
- A strong desire to work on climate and to understand and advocate for the needs of decarbonization stakeholders
Why should I join Evergrow?
We believe there are many reasons to join us, but they boil down to 3 key points:
• Our mission - We are, first and foremost, a mission-driven company. We exist to create impact, and all of our work is focused on achieving our mission of reducing 1GT of CO2e by 2030 and every year thereafter. We only create and deploy products and services in service of this goal.
• Our team - We have brought together an immensely talented, thoughtful, and mission-driven team to help us achieve our goals. We deeply care about the work we do, are highly collaborative, and are eager to welcome other likeminded people to our team.
• Our challenge - Combatting climate change will require enormous, multi-faceted solutions. If you are ready to take on complex problems and build these solutions from the ground up, we think you'll be a great fit.
What benefits can I expect?
We offer premium benefits to keep our team happy and healthy:
🏥 Top-tier health, dental, and vision insurance
🧑💻 New laptop / equipment of your choice
🥕 Daily lunch on us
🏝 Flexible vacation time
🌳 Regular team retreats
🐶 Dog-friendly office in the Ferry Building
🌐 Visa and / or green card sponsorship (our CEO's first startup focused on streamlining immigration!)
Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely?
This role is full-time and based on-site in San Francisco. We're a small, tight-knit team right now and prefer to work all in one place for now so we can go faster, build trust, and solve complex problems together. That being said, we know life happens, so we've reserved one day a week to work from home as needed.
Will you help me to relocate?
Yes! If you're based elsewhere in the U.S. (or internationally and U.S. visa eligible), we're happy to help you move to San Francisco and to cover relocation costs.