San Francisco, CA /
At Evergrow, we seek to build and sustain a carbon-neutral world. We're fulfilling this mission by making financing accessible for those creating low-carbon infrastructure and technology (e.g., wind, solar, renewable natural gas). The new climate bill passed by Congress last summer is a game-changer for renewable energy project developers, and we are building solutions to ensure they can take advantage of associated financial benefits. Our transparency and speed materially lowers transaction costs and helps more projects get built, ultimately accelerating decarbonization.
Our team has spent time at leading companies (e.g., Google, BCG, McKinsey & Co., D.E. Shaw, Pinterest) and academic institutions (e.g., Columbia, MIT, Stanford, Princeton). We are backed by leading investors from Silicon Valley and beyond, including XYZ Venture Capital, Congruent Ventures, First Round Capital, Garuda Ventures, My Climate Journey, Skyview Ventures, and founders and senior executives from Plaid, Brex, Twitch, Instacart, Charm Industrial, Living Carbon, and Bridgewater Associates.
You don't need to match every listed requirement to apply for a position, and we especially encourage individuals with traditionally under-represented backgrounds to apply. In particular, we are seeking people of color, women, those with disabilities, and those who identify as LGBTQIA to join our team. We want to build a company with diverse perspectives because we know they make our team stronger and better equipped to serve all decarbonization stakeholders.
About this Role
As Evergrow's first UX / UI Designer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our software and financial products, and advocating for the needs of our customers - including decarbonization project developers, asset owners and capital providers. You will work with the rest of our team to develop actionable and meaningful insights for product and business development. In this role, you will help guide the end-to-end creation of a suite of products and services which enable and rapidly accelerate low-carbon infrastructure development.
You bring a track record of working in UX & UI design in high-growth startup environments, preferably within finance, software, climate, or non-traditional industries. If you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and are passionate about designing mission-driven products and services, this role is for you.
We strongly prefer candidates who have a demonstrated passion for solving the climate crisis. Our entire team is dedicated to finding solutions to this challenge, and we are looking for likeminded people to join us as we grow.
You will be responsible for ...
- Developing a clear UX / UI research and design strategy across multiple cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Designing and conducting end-to-end research projects, using a variety of UX / UI methods, both generative and evaluative
- Working with cross-functional team members to identify, prioritize and scope research needs from large to small, ensuring prioritization of the most impactful design work
- Helping to create prototypes which can be tested and refined with our customers
- Championing the needs of Evergrow's users (e.g., decarbonization project developers, asset owners, capital providers) and surfacing actionable insights that guide product decision-making
- Continuously building your knowledge of decarbonization infrastructure and technologies, to become an expert on the needs and challenges of our stakeholders
This might be for you if you have...
- 4-6+ years of industry experience in UX / UI design, in high-growth / high-impact sectors
- A strong command of core UX / UI skills, including user research, product strategy/development, prototyping, testing & iterating
- Exceptional ability to build wireframe prototypes, which are used for continuous customer testing
- Deep experience with digital design tools, including Figma and Sketch
- A strong understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- End-to-end user research experience (e.g., study design, test creation, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Expertise with qualitative and quantitative research methods, and can easily know when to use which
- Experience planning, leading, and managing research projects
- Ability to crisply develop and share insights from the research process across teams
- A strong desire to work on climate and to understand and advocate for the needs of decarbonization stakeholders
Why should I join Evergrow?
We believe there are many reasons to join us, but they boil down to 3 key points:
• Our mission - We are, first and foremost, a mission-driven company. We exist to create impact, and all of our work is focused on achieving our mission of reducing 1GT of CO2e by 2030 and every year thereafter. We only create and deploy products and services in service of this goal.
• Our team - We have brought together an immensely talented, thoughtful, and mission-driven team to help us achieve our goals. We deeply care about the work we do, are highly collaborative, and are eager to welcome other likeminded people to our team.
• Our challenge - Combatting climate change will require enormous, multi-faceted solutions. If you are ready to take on complex problems and build these solutions from the ground up, we think you'll be a great fit.
What benefits can I expect?
We offer premium benefits to keep our team happy and healthy:
🏥 Top-tier health, dental, and vision insurance
🧑💻 New laptop / equipment of your choice
🥕 Daily lunch on us
🏝 Flexible vacation time
🌳 Regular team retreats
🐶 Dog-friendly office in the Ferry Building
🌐 Visa and / or green card sponsorship (our CEO's first startup focused on streamlining immigration!)
Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely?
This role is full-time and based on-site in either San Francisco or Los Angeles. We're a small, tight-knit team right now and prefer to work in the office so we can go faster, build trust, and solve complex problems together. That being said, we know life happens, so we've reserved one day a week to work from home as needed.
Will you help me relocate? Yes! If you're based elsewhere in the U.S. (or internationally and U.S. visa eligible), we're happy to help you move and to cover relocation costs.