Head of Product
San Francisco, CA /
At Evergrow, we seek to build and sustain a carbon-neutral world. We plan to do so by unlocking solutions which reduce 1 gigaton of CO2e by 2030, scaling to 1 gigaton per year every year thereafter. We are fulfilling this mission by making financing accessible for those creating low-carbon infrastructure and technology (e.g., wind, solar, renewable natural gas). The new climate bill passed by Congress this summer is a game-changer for renewable energy project developers, and we are building solutions to ensure they can take advantage of associated financial benefits. Our transparency and speed materially lowers transaction costs and helps more projects get built, ultimately accelerating decarbonization.
Our team has spent time at leading companies (e.g., Google, BCG, McKinsey & Co., D.E. Shaw, Pinterest) and academic institutions (e.g., Columbia, MIT, Stanford, Princeton). We are backed by leading investors from Silicon Valley and beyond, including XYZ Venture Capital, Congruent Ventures, First Round Capital, Garuda Ventures, My Climate Journey, Skyview Ventures, and founders and senior executives from Plaid, Brex, Twitch, Instacart, Charm Industrial, Living Carbon, and Bridgewater Associates.
You don't need to match every listed requirement to apply for a position, and we especially encourage individuals with traditionally under-represented backgrounds to apply. In particular, we are seeking people of color, women, those with disabilities, and those who identify as LGBTQIA to join our team. We want to build a company with diverse perspectives because we know they make our team stronger and better equipped to serve all decarbonization stakeholders.
As Head of Product, you will be responsible for owning our product strategy and product execution. You will report directly to our founder and CEO, James Richards, and will act as the inaugural product leader for Evergrow. In this role, you'll build and own a best-in-class product management function and capability. You will set and manage Evergrow's product, strategy, roadmap, and processes, as well as lead product operations to ensure each and every detail across the entire product life-cycle is addressed and considered.
The expected salary range for candidates in San Francisco or Los Angeles, CA is $215,000 - $250,000, in addition to equity.
You will be responsible for ...
- Overseeing the creation, launch, and maintenance of Evergrow SaaS products from their conception to launch, along with each new iteration
- Acting as Evergrow’s point person throughout the entire product lifecycle, from the product strategy phase to the go-to-market phase
- Building a best in class product management capability from the ground up, to translate vision into a clear roadmap and operating strategy
- Ensuring that the broader organization is aligned with this and supports the execution
- Building a world-class capability that can effectively navigate and influence various stakeholders and can activate their work/demonstrate progress across the org
- Collaborating with the entire organization on product lifecycle management from concept to launch
- Engaging with customers and ecosystem stakeholders to drive roadmaps
This might be for you if you have ...
- 8+ years of experience in B2B fintech, including familiarity with fintech market trends and competitor / product analysis
- A track-record innovating, building, and scaling SaaS products, preferably at an early stage start-up
- Experience leading / managing a team of Product Managers, including experience with recruitment, learning and development, and effective delegation
- Excellent presentation skills and outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a highly matrixed, dynamic environment, with a penchant for delivering on time with high attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrated ability to work individually on projects while collaborating with and supporting other team members
- Ability to effectively communicate market needs and thrive in an evolving and agile cross-functional environment
- Hands-on attitude and creative use of limited resources. Ideal candidates will thrive in the dynamism of a startup environment
Why should I join Evergrow?
We believe there are many reasons to join us, but they boil down to 3 key points:
• Our mission - We are, first and foremost, a mission-driven company. We exist to create impact, and all of our work is focused on achieving our mission of reducing 1GT of CO2e by 2030 and every year thereafter. We only create and deploy products and services in service of this goal.
• Our team - We have brought together an immensely talented, thoughtful, and mission-driven team to help us achieve our goals. We deeply care about the work we do, are highly collaborative, and are eager to welcome other likeminded people to our team.
• Our challenge - Combatting climate change will require enormous, multi-faceted solutions. If you are ready to take on complex problems and build these solutions from the ground up, we think you'll be a great fit.
What benefits can I expect?
We offer premium benefits to keep our team happy and healthy:
🏥 Top-tier health, dental, and vision insurance
🧑💻 New laptop / equipment of your choice
🥕 Daily lunch on us
🏝 Flexible vacation time
🌳 Regular team retreats
🐶 Dog-friendly office in the Ferry Building
🌐 Visa and / or green card sponsorship (our CEO's first startup focused on streamlining immigration!)
Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely?
This role is full-time and based on-site in either San Francisco or Los Angeles. We're a small, tight-knit team right now and prefer to work in the office so we can go faster, build trust, and solve complex problems together. That being said, we know life happens, so we've reserved one day a week to work from home as needed.
Will you help me relocate? Yes! If you're based elsewhere in the U.S. (or internationally and U.S. visa eligible), we're happy to help you move and to cover relocation costs.