Solution Engineering /
Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology, and top-notch customer service. With a $260M Series C round of funding, we are ready to continue to scale our organization and grow beyond our $1.6B valuation.
Our API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchant's end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
We are a venture backed startup with offices in San Francisco & Dallas (and since COVID began, fully remotely) that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend is simplifying the technology stack for the extended warranty industry, in the same way that Stripe did for online payments and Affirm did for consumer point of sale financing.
What You'll Do:
- Support our go-to-market efforts as a subject matter expert, storyteller, and solution architect alongside members of our sales teams
- Perform requirements gathering and discovery activities that result in well-articulated strategies for how merchants can integrate successfully with our API platform
- Develop and deliver high impact presentations which articulate the value of working with Extend to prospective merchant partners
- Collaborate with members of the sales, product management, and customer success teams to produce successful outcomes and meet Extend’s revenue goals
- Become a key member of the revenue organization, lead by example, and complement our growth by continuing to scale your skill-set and capabilities
What We're Looking For:
- Polished pre-sales professionals that have deep domain expertise in e-commerce technology, retail industry business process, and general knowledge of web services integration technologies
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a pre-sales or consulting role, preferable with an enterprise technology vendor or within a technology implementation practice
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture principles and the ability to articulate integration design patterns to technical and business stakeholders with ease
- All around great communicators who excel in empathizing with a client’s concerns and providing solutions that address them
Nice to Have:
- Intimate knowledge of popular e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, Magento, Salesforce, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, etc
- Familiarity with leading order management and ERP systems such as NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, etc
- Experience working with retail consumer product companies on e-commerce platform implementation or integration projects
- Strong knowledge of REST APIs and front-end web technologies
- Prior experience in fintech or insurtech
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.