Staff Software Engineer, Consumers Platform
Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology, and top-notch customer service. After a $260M Series C financing round, we are ready to continue to scale our organization and grow beyond our $1.6B valuation.
Our API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchant's end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
We are a venture-backed startup based in downtown San Francisco (and since COVID began, fully remote) that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend is simplifying the technology stack for the extended warranty industry.
At Extend, we put the customer experience at the forefront. As a Staff Software Engineer focusing on the consumer experience, you will make a major impact in establishing our brand as the most customer-friendly in the industry.
What You'll Do:
- Help scale the system, and the teams, to support new verticals and markets.
- Work across product and platform teams to design enterprise-grade APIs.
- Mentor engineers on architecture, coding patterns, and trade offs.
- Propose solutions for current and future bottlenecks in the system.
- Be a force-multiplier: devising ways to make many engineers more productive.
What We Are Looking For:
- 10+ years of hands-on experience scaling software systems.
- Experience with microservices architecture and design patterns, and the challenges facing it.
- Experience with enterprise platform security and standardsDrives initiatives to improve maintainability and scalability.
- A Patient mentor who cares about growing other people.
- A generalist who is agnostic, humble, and flexible.
Nice to Haves:
- Accustomed to agile methodologies.
- AWS knowledge: Lambdas, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, Cognito, CDK, CloudFormation.
Life At Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.