Senior Comms Strategist
New York, NY /
Communications Planning – Comms Planning /
Full-time Staff Employee
FIG was born in 2013 from a desire to create a smarter, more nimble alternative to the traditional agency model. We believe that stories are the best way to convey information and persuade people so we have built our thoroughly modern agency to deliver on this. We are Storytellers for the Information Age, on a mission to raise the bar in our industry by improving the quality and effectiveness of the stories told. Our clients include Zillow, Simple Mills, Stella & Chewy’s, Waze, Virgin Atlantic Airlines, Benjamin Moore, CNN, Diageo and Vimeo. We are proud to have been named as one of Inc Magazine’s Best Places to Work in the US, honored in the AdAge Agency A List 2018 and 2019, as well as being included on Inc 5000, the definitive list of the fastest growing privately held companies in America.
We are hiring a Senior Comms Strategist to help support our Comms Directors across key accounts. You will be responsible for bringing channel-led thinking to the upfront of the creative process and helping guide how work comes to life across paid, owned and earned touchpoints. In today’s media landscape, understanding social and emerging technology is critical, so we are looking for someone with a strong understanding of social platforms - organic and paid, established and emerging - with an ability to also think holistically to design holistic ecosystems for brands.
- Understand client goals and develop communications approaches + actionable frameworks to guide creative development
- Act as a key conduit between creative and media - inclusive of accounts where media is in-house at FIG and ones that require partnering with external media agencies
- Craft channel, moment and asset briefs to get to go-to-market campaigns
- Design compelling social strategies that are connected to both culture and the client objectives
- Inspire creatives with insightful, thoughtful and culturally attuned briefs
- Workshop ideas with creatives to get to optimal campaign ecosystems
- Lead communications with day-to-day clients
- Partner with other strategic disciplines to get to best-in-class outputs throughout the creative process
- 3+ years in comms/connections/engagement planning. Creative agency experience preferred.
- Deep understanding of the media landscape across traditional, digital and emerging channels
- Interested in culture and passionate about understanding the ever evolving landscape of how consumers use channels
- Experience using insight tools (Simmons/MRI, Kantar, Pointlogic/Nielsen planning tools)
- Strong deck skills (design, storytelling)
- Innately interested and connected to culture
- Self-starting, curious, collaborative and motivated to make great work
More about FIG.
We pride ourselves on being a fully modern, integrated agency and can be more efficient because of the diversity of skills on our team. We believe in a model with fewer, better people.Our ambition is to be the lead agency for today’s most ambitious companies.
Accolades: AdAge Agency A-List Stand Out Agency 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, Inc. 500 2019 & 2020 Inc. Best Places to Work 2019LinkedIn Top 50 Start Ups 2020Campaign Independent Agency of the Year Shortlist 2021
To learn more about FIG, please visit us at figagency.com.