New York, NY /
Data & Media Systems – Data Analytics /
Full-time Staff Employee
FIG wants to reinvent what an agency can be for its people, for its clients and for the industry. We are Storytellers for the Information Age. We exist to tell stories that grow brands. We create and optimize highly creative stories in a vastly changed communications ecosystem where we have to elevate the signal - the story - in the noise of a fragmented and overloaded media and information landscape. FIG’s strategy is to build the most talent-dense organization and to harness the power of creative intelligence to give clients the confidence in making bolder decisions about the stories they tell. This is the role spec for a Software Engineer (Fullstack).
At FIG we believe that brand salience is the most valuable marketing metric. Salience creates growth. It is paramount to the success of scaling and scaled brands. In order to understand and be able to optimize salience we are developing a scalable AI-driven system to deconstruct communications (assets, channels, campaigns) to deliver impactful diagnosis. We’re looking for a team member to investigate, develop, implement and deploy a variety of applications and components to continue to build a truly one-of-a-kind data solution.
StoryDataTM is a new data asset and analytics platform that focuses on brand stimulus, not consumer response. We find, organize, standardize and digitize brand information. We then apply a custom taxonomy unique to our ambition and seamlessly plug into structured and unstructured databases to help clients make better decisions about the stories they can tell on an ongoing basis.
What we're looking for:
- Implementation of interpretable (visual) machine learning methods utilizing StoryDataTM’s custom taxonomy and organizing system with an eye to AI integration and machine learning
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building products that are simple, easy to understand, performant and reliable using tools like Python, Kubernetes, Mongo
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our systems across the boardWork with other engineers, data scientists, designers and leadership to turn Fig’s vision into a concrete roadmap every quarter
- Knowledge or experience in the advertising, search or social industries specifically integrating and connecting platform API’s
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Help develop and prioritize project scope with a focus on experimentation using a variety of communications based datasets including brand communication, packaging, digital and social media, and corporate financial and PR information to develop comprehensive analysis of category activity
- Work hand in hand with data science and data strategy to optimize speed to market for standard client deliverables
To be successful in this role you must demonstrate the following:
Values (your belief system)
- Demonstrate and lead through FIG’s people attributes of excellence, courage, commitment and inspiration.
- Strong work ethic in a dynamic and passionate environment
- Effortless and inspirational leadership, inspiring others to achieve individual, team and company success
- Strong communicator with excellent ability to work in a team environment
- Eager to learn and develop new techniques and work at the intersection of machine learning, causal inference and creativity
Skillset (your ability)
- 2-3 years of software development professional experience
- M.S. in Computer Science, Math or Physics or a related field *or* a related development boot camp
- Experience with Python and/or R, postgresQL (database)
- Experience developing code that is leveraged by a wider team and/or contributing to a collaborative code base and successfully delivered
- Containerized Applications
- MongoDB Products
- MVC Frameworks
- Video, Audio, & other multimedia processing
- Google cloud libraries
- Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK)
More about FIG
We are a New York-based independent agency, which is reflected in our work and collaborative process. We’re growing—with over 80 talented people working full time across our core disciplines of strategy, creative, distribution (modern media), and production—but remain committed to staying fiercely independent. We are proud to have been listed for three years running in Ad Age's Best Places to Work and named as a Stand Out Agency on the Ad Age A-List 2020.
We believe that stories are the best way to convey information and persuade people so we have built our thoroughly modern agency to deliver on this belief. We are Storytellers for the Information Age, on a mission to raise the bar in our industry by improving the quality and effectiveness of the stories told. We create and produce those stories in-house, and we distribute them across all forms of traditional and digital platforms, ensuring that we create natively to the needs of each platform and channel and always with the consumer first in our minds. We have embedded all services into our offering including media planning & buying. We have a full-service production studio. We pride ourselves on being a fully modern, integrated agency and can be more efficient and creative because of the diversity of our people and skills on our team. We believe in a model with fewer, better people. Our ambition is to be the lead communications agency for the world’s most ambitious companies.
To learn more about FIG, please visit us at figagency.com