Accounts Payable Specialist
New York, NY /
Finance / Human Resources – Finance /
Full-time Staff Employee
At FIG, we live to tell stories that grow brands. To continue delivering on this goal we are looking for humans with exceptional skills, a passion for creativity, unique lived experiences, and a curiosity for building, to join us.
We expect that each individual joining our team will give us the best work of their lives and in exchange we will give you the best job of yours. Alongside first-rate business opportunities, we provide you with feedback, tools, and resources, together which will accelerate your career within FIG and ensure you grow in new and unique ways for the future of your career.
As Accounts Payable Specialist you’ll be responsible for handling the day-to-day functions of accounts payable; vendor maintenance, weekly check runs including corporate credit card reconciliation, processing of employee expense reports, as well as analysis of general ledger accounts, and assisting with monthly financial reporting. You will also be tasked with assisting the Controller and Executive Director of Finance with financial reports or projects as needed.
- Vendor setup and maintenance.
- Daily monitoring of AP email inbox, vendor communication as necessary.
- Review, coding and posting of vendor invoices to corresponding AP accounts, ensure proper authorization is included.
- Prepare and process weekly payment run.
- Coding and reconciliation of corporate CC expenses.
- Validate receipts submitted with employee expense reports. Ensure expense claims adherence to F&P’s policy and timeline.
- Assisting with tracking of corporate travel and related expenses.
- Monthly analysis of various balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Assist in various other accounting and financial planning and analysis related projects as assigned
Skills & Experience
- Motivated by developing strong relationships (internally and externally)
- Natural leader, capable of identifying problems and creative solutions
- Natural collaborator, bringing teams and individuals together to solve problems
- Commercially orientated – for both revenue and profit
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Driven to actively contribute to the wider agency
- An entrepreneurial spirit, not settling for the status quo
- Possesses a great attention to detail and initiative
- Able to successfully manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 2 - 3 years of experience in Accounting
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Workamajig Financial system and MediaOcean prefered
- Expertise with Google Workspace
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are a flexible working organization. As we are based in NYC we encourage working and communing in our SoHo office space as frequently as it suits you and your work. There are also occasions where in-person attendance is required on an asynchronous schedule.
FIG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment and celebrating diversity in our workplace. Discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race, gender, color, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or any other protected characteristic is prohibited.
To learn more about us, our clients and working at FIG, please visit www.figagency.com