G&A – Accounting /
FLASH is seeking to bring on an eager, ready to learn Staff Accountant to support the Controller on the financial close and tax related tasks.
What You'll Do...
- Responsible for preparing various journal entries for any assigned ledger accounts
- Performing regular account analysis and monthly account reconciliation
- Assist with monthly close process
- Own the US Sales tax compliance (registrations/exemption certificates) for all entities
- Assist in preparation for governmental audits
- Own the tax notices and assessments from taxing authorities and resolving them in a timely manner
- Secretary of State Annual Filings
- Create/implement processes in regard to unclaimed properties – to be reported and potential claims
- Work with external tax team for the annual tax provision
- Assist in preparation for annual internal audits
- Credit Card (RAMP) Administration
- Ad hoc projects
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent or in process of obtaining the degree in accounting
- Minimum 2 years of public accounting experience and/or private company experience
- Able to demonstrate strong critical think in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- General understanding of GAAP
- Understanding of US Sales taxes is an asset
- Able to independently analyze financial records and be a clear communicator to the team
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables, v-lookup formulas
- Self-motivation and desire to continually improve efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness of processes.
- Knowledgeable in Netsuite or similar ERP is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity & problem-solving skills a must
Join us in making a difference as we build our future. FLASH is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. FLASH prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.