Senior Platform Engineer
Chicago, Illinois / Boston, Massachusetts / Los Angeles, California / Nashville, Tennessee / Raleigh, North Carolina / Austin, Texas / Seattle, Washington
Research and Development – Engineering /
Flash is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to help deliver on our mission to free
consumers from the hassles of everyday travel by making it faster and easier to get where you
need to go, so they can focus on the destination.
Focusing on both frontend and backend systems, this role provides a variety of exciting
challenges. Our team spends time working on our main website, React-based widget, and large
integrations with our partners. You will spend your time working to create the best possible
experience for our customers and our partners while at the same time helping us advance our
codebase to the next level. We’re insanely customer focused and excited for you to join the
team and help us lead the charge.
This role is REMOTE based
What We're Looking For...
- Strong Computer Science background, preferably with a degree
- Strong proficiency with React, webpack, and a package manager such as Yarn or Npm
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience building out scalable APIs and services using Ruby on Rails or Go
- Experience with AWS services such as DynamoDB, SQS, S3, and EB
- Highly collaborative in the planning and grooming stages, our engineers help define the products that we build
- Shipping clean, testable code that any developer on any team could quickly get up to speed with
- Strong sense of ownership; proactively identify performance issues, squash bugs, upgrade dependencies, and keep our development process efficient
Your Typical Day...
- Attend the morning platform team stand with folks from product management, engineering, design, UX and QA
- Work with those same folks on product development
- Perform technical spiking for a future initiative
- Use Slack to collaborate with your teammates and other folks throughout the organization
- Perform a code review for a recently submitted pull request
- Ship code and celebrate
$140,000 - $160,000 a year
Join us in making a difference as we build our future. FLASH is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. FLASH prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.