Capital Markets Associate
SF, NY, Remote
Capital Markets /
Finley helps innovative companies unlock growth by helping them maximize their access to debt capital.
In industries from finance to real estate, today's most innovative startups rely on debt capital to fuel their growth. But managing debt capital manually is so error-prone and labor-intensive that it might as well be rocket science. Debt capital borrowers need to track (and comply with) hundreds of pages of credit agreement rules and requirements in order to maintain access to their funding. One key borrower obligation is data and compliance reporting.
Our software automates debt capital management and reporting by connecting with source systems and generating asset reports in the formats capital providers expect to see, which saves borrowers time and money as well as ensuring that they can maximize their capital access.
We’re looking for a Capital Markets Associate to join Finley. As an early employee, you’ll have the opportunity to shape our implementation approach, product roadmap, and long-term trajectory. If you’re passionate about financial technology, working closely with customers and product development teams, and operating at the intersection of Sales, Customer Success, and Product, this is an excellent opportunity to join a high-growth enterprise technology startup backed by Y Combinator and Bain Capital Ventures.
On any given day, you’ll craft project plans, train and enable customers to use Finley’s software, and own Finley deployments at innovative startups and large financial institutions. Over time, you’ll become an expert on best practices in debt capital management (an area with no existing software solutions) and represent the voice of the customer in internal product conversations.
The ideal candidate brings experience managing client relationships and projects, comfort with technical and/or financial documentation, and a vision for how software can reshape a customer’s capital markets workflow. We’re looking for "0-to-1" individuals who are comfortable with autonomy early on and excited to build structures that will scale their own impact over time.
- You will be responsible for owning client relationships and implementing the first lender-borrower relationship platform for the debt capital markets.
- You will advise clients on capital management best practices and help integrate Finley with existing systems.
- You will work collaboratively with the Product and Engineering teams to design and deliver products that fit the needs of companies in finance, real estate, and other core business segments.
- You will become an expert on structured finance (no worries, we’ll fill you in!) and the ways in which technology can bring standardization to a field accustomed to legacy technology.
- You will help grow the Finley team by helping interview job candidates, mentor new team members, and document standard operating procedures.
We're looking for
- Business partners. You understand every detail of a customer’s workflows and capital markets operations, owning all aspects of the customer experience.
- Problem-solvers. You focus on delivering outcomes by identifying opportunities for automation and training customers to maximize product usage.
- Collaborators. You like collaborating with Engineering, Design, and Product functions in addition to go-to-market teams. You stay intellectually honest, challenge others without ego, and believe that the best solutions only emerge when everyone brings their perspective to the table.
- Systems thinkers. You enjoy the complexity of designing for a range of stakeholders (think borrowers, lenders, and banks) and source systems. You get excited about designing for the long-term.
- Team-builders. You look forward to helping recruit, train, and mentor a team of capital markets professionals at Finley.