Principal Scientist- Senior Director, Computational Biologist
Cambridge, Massachusetts /
To date, the collective research on transcription factors has been elusive to drug discovery. Flare Therapeutics, an early-stage biotech, has now reached a moment of light - with the prospect of forever changing the trajectory of how we treat disease. We are trailblazing the path to transcription factors by intervening at a previously hidden region we have identified as the 'switch site.' Join us and help illuminate the path to the possible.
In this role you will:
- Build the computational biology function & capability by developing and applying, tools, algorithms, and data mining techniques for the integrative analysis of multi ‘omic datasets from internal and external data sources
- Identify and source external datasets on patient tumor samples, particularly expression profiling and genetics.
- Apply data visualization and analysis methods to extract knowledge from multi-dimensional genomics data sets and annotations.
- Collaborate with internal team around experimental design, data analysis, generating, interrogating, and refining biological hypotheses using large-scale genomic data
- Regularly present scientific findings to scientific leadership teams
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a bioinformatics/data science role. You may even have experience working in biotech.
- You have a passion and talent for performing integrated OMIC analysis including RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, and ATAC-seq. You might even have experience using cutting edge OMIC capabilities (like single-cell techniques and/or software design)
- You love science and possibly have a strong biology background
Flare Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Flare about our openings. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Flare via email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Flare, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Flare for this position and a valid agreement with Flare is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Flare agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.