Scientist/Senior Scientist, Biology
Cambridge, Massachusetts /
To date, the collective research on transcription factors has been elusive to drug discovery. Flare Therapeutics, an early-stage biotech, has now reached a moment of light - with the prospect of forever changing the trajectory of how we treat disease. We are trailblazing the path to transcription factors by intervening at a previously hidden region we have identified as the 'switch site.' Join us and help illuminate the path to the possible.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to the strategy, experimental design and execution of efforts to understand the effects of perturbation of transcription factors and to validate novel targets for further drug discovery investigation
- Collaborate with chemistry and biochemistry colleagues to drive mechanistic understanding of small molecule modulators of transcription factors to improve compound efficacy for H2L and LO advancement
- Interpret your data and regularly present to the scientific and management teams to inform data-driven decisions on future strategy
- You have a MS or a PhD in molecular or cellular biology, or related field
- You have 3+ years of related experience and a Strong track record of productivity and ability to drive scientific projects at the bench
- You may have experience in oncology and/or transcriptional regulation
- You would consider yourself skilled in cutting edge molecular and cellular biology techniques
- You may also have experience in omics data mining and analysis
- You consider yourself to be a self-starter with great ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks, meet multiple deadlines, and thrive in a dynamically changing and fast-paced environment
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong presentation skills
- You have a strong passion for science and are driven by making a meaningful contribution for patients
Flare Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Flare about our openings. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Flare via email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Flare, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Flare for this position and a valid agreement with Flare is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Flare agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.