Director, Translational Biology
Cambridge, Massachusetts /
The Director, Translational Biology will report to the Senior Director, and will work closely with an experienced team to drive biomarker discovery and implementation in the clinic. The role will require close collaboration with internal development colleagues and external research vendors.
To date, the collective research on transcription factors has been elusive to drug discovery. Flare Therapeutics, an early-stage biotech, has now reached a moment of light - with the prospect of forever changing the trajectory of how we treat disease. We are trailblazing the path to transcription factors by intervening at a previously hidden region we have identified as the 'switch site.' Join us and help illuminate the path to the possible.
In this role you willl:
- Provide expertise and leadership on development and implementation of program specific assays within program timelines
- Prioritize and coordinate assay development efforts across programs; build systems and resources for rapid sample analysis from different studies
- Establish collaborative relationships with academic labs to build, test, and analyze correlative data
- Keep current with advances in biomarker and bioanalytical methodologies; evaluate, assess risks, and recommend new technologies that will be useful in expanding and enhancing lead compounds in model systems
- Identify and collaborate with external CROs to support assay development, validation and testing of samples to meet timelines for nonclinical and clinical studies, provide clinical teams with validated assays for sample analysis
- Review and finalize assay reports to ensure scientific validity and regulatory requirements, and author regulatory document sections related to biomarker methods and sample analyses; participate in scientific advice preparations and meetings
- You have a PhD in biological sciences such as immunology, cell and molecular biology
- You have 7+ years of experience working in oncology drug development with at least 5 years in industry or in an academic translational science research setting
- You have thorough knowledge and direct experience in clinical biomarker assay development, qualification and validation, with scientific depth to support interpretation of results
- You are experienced with developing assays including drug PK/TK, PD, additional safety and efficacy biomarkers
- You also have experience with the most recent genomic / gene expression analysis techniques and bioinformatics tools
- You have a demonstrated history of working innovatively and efficiently while managing multiple projects
- You also love working with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment under challenging timelines
Flare Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Flare about our openings. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Flare via email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Flare, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Flare for this position and a valid agreement with Flare is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Flare agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.