Senior Brand Designer & Strategist
Growth – Marketing /
Flexbase is building a finance super app for business owners — reimagining every single aspect of the financial workflow and financial services for any entrepreneur. The company is growing 35% MoM and is on track to achieve cash flow positive by early 2024. Flexbase is focused on the long tail of the market, especially undigitized industries like construction and logistics, with >$1.2T in card spend annually still up for grabs. 90% of its customers come from incumbents like BofA and AmEx.
Flexbase is a fully remote company and this role can be performed from anywhere.
We’re looking for a Senior Brand Designer & Strategist to tell the Flexbase story. You will be Flexbase’s first Brand Designer and we will look to you to lead the visual expression of our brand. With a keen sense of style, an eye for design, and a background of creative design work, you will be responsible for bringing the Flexbase brand to life across web, digital, advertising, campaigns, presentations, collateral, events, social media, and more.
Our ideal designer understands the importance of being a brand guardian down to every detail and how to bring that brand to life in a bigger picture. They will be able to work within current brand standards as well as flex the system to continue to evolve our visual expression.
We have a talented Webflow developer who can implement anything you dream up. It’ll be your mission to work with our content expert to take content and design it. You’ll have creative freedom to create something epic. One day it might be to design landing pages, the next week you might be focusing on CMS pages, and the following week may require redesigning our top navigation menu. No two days will be the same.
What You’ll Do
- Identify Flexbase’s digital branding and marketing design needs.
- Build and evangelize Flexbase’s brand standards. Educate others on design thinking, brand experience, and design-driven storytelling.
- Collaborate with company leaders in shaping the evolution of Flexbase’s brand, voice, and strategy as our company and products evolve.
- Collaborate with our Webflow designer and copywriter to develop and execute creative concepts for web, digital, campaigns, advertising, presentations, sales and marketing collateral, events, social media, and more.
- Lead design of landing pages and external marketing collateral with external resources.
- Create graphic design and motion graphics.
What You Need
- 5+ years of experience and an outstanding brand design portfolio with examples of having led integrated brand and marketing projects from business need to concepts to execution.
- Previous startup experience and demonstrated flexibility, initiative, and founder-focused mentality necessary to be successful in a startup environment.
- You have experience creating designs for campaigns, landing pages, and multiple marketing channels.
- Experience leading cross-functional projects and taking the brand and advertising projects from concept to execution.
- Proficient in all common design software such as Figma, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Google Suite.
- Demonstrable design thinking and execution skills with a strong portfolio.
- High ownership and drive. You own your outcomes, are highly self-motivated, with an entrepreneurial mindset, and are driven to improve.
- Execution in ambiguity. You’re comfortable and thrive in fast-changing environments.
- Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well.
- Nice to have: animation/motion experience, some experience in Webflow, and/or video art direction experience.