Senior Software Engineer, React Native
San Francisco, CA (Remote) /
Technology – Engineering /
Flexbase is building the Financial Operating System designed to disrupt the largest and least digitized sector of the US economy: the $1.6 Trillion construction market. Our first product is a high limit corporate card for construction businesses, with an industry-leading 0% APR for 60-days. Similar to tech startups who couldn’t obtain credit cards until recent FinTechs disrupted the industry, SMB construction firms face similar challenges with traditional banks - except construction companies spend 10x more. Today we are growing incredibly fast with significant market demand. The total available market for Flexbase's Financial OS for the construction industry alone is $24 billion.
Flexbase is a fully remote company and this role can be performed from anywhere.
We are looking for engineers who are excited to be part of our early story and help us build a diverse and vibrant company. As a senior software engineer you will be working across the mobile stack, creating and maintaining new products and experiences. You will have the opportunity to learn and drive the creation of financial and construction software experience to help our customers reach their full potential. You should have a strong sense of ownership and enjoy taking projects from inception to release. As an early employee, you’ll be working with a nimble team of committed and talented engineers and having a large, long-term impact on technical design and engineering culture.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams across the company to build new features and products.
- Play a critical role in the development, design, and maintenance of Flexbase's mobile applications.
- Architect well thought-out components and systems that ensure Flexbase's continued growth.
- Own problems end-to-end, thinking through everything from user experience, data models, scalability, operability and ongoing metrics.
- Lead by example and mentor engineers in all aspects of planning, development and testing.
- Be a catalyst for driving best-in-class technology frameworks and tooling while staying engaged with the latest technology trends.
What You Need
- Proficiency in React Native, mobile concepts, and UI/UX design principles.
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles.
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide in-depth evaluation of multiple technical directions and determine tradeoffs of each.
- Strong propensity to make data-driven decisions on technical architecture and project prioritization.
- Experience with any cloud based provider like Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure.
- Four or more years of relevant industry experience with a track record of shipping high-quality products and features at scale.
Our team has veteran founders with multiple exits, a Thiel Fellow, a McKinsey/construction exec with a Nasdaq IPO, and executives that led engineering and risk teams at Kabbage (AmEx), Citizens Bank, and UBS. The company’s backers include Hustle Fund, Soma Capital, Turner Novak, Jeff Morris Jr, Foundamental, Suffolk Construction, Equipment Share, famous angel investors, and many more Silicon Valley funds.