Shift Lead - Fulfillment Center
Charlotte, North Carolina /
Food Rocket is a San Francisco-based FoodTech startup that provides the fastest grocery delivery in the US, promising door-to-door delivery within 10-15 minutes of placing an order. Its business model is based on AI-enabled technologies to manage inventory, forecast demand, and optimize delivery time by predicting the closest micro fulfillment center that offers the fastest delivery time and the lowest fulfillment and delivery cost. The startup is competing with the biggest players in the market — DoorDash, GoPuff, Amazon Fresh, InstaCart.
Our Operations Department provides operational support to our riders & everyone on shift in the warehouse, and to undertake all scheduled operational duties as required. The Ops teams focus on the very core of our business which is responsible for our 10-15 minute deliveries. This role will provide significant operational knowledge and in-depth knowledge to the local teams to ensure successful performance and excellent customer and client experience in the final mile.
$14.27 - $17.85 per hour
- Lead & develop a team taking care of the warehouse operations while assisting with tasks as necessary.
- Assist the Fulfillment Center Supervisor and make sure that processes are implemented correctly.
- Responsible for strategic demand planning & inventory accuracy of your fulfillment center.
- Responsible for incoming shipments & communication within your team.
- Ensure optimal product quality and high customer satisfaction.
- Work together with our procurement department, fulfillment center staff and riders.
- Manage riders and order fulfillment associates in your fulfillment center.
- Complete basic food prep as part of customer order fulfillment.
- Help keep store clean, including grocery, customer lobby, and kitchen areas and equipment.
Who You Are
- You have worked in a professional role in a similar environment (FMCG/Retail experience is a big plus).
- You have strong operations management skills.
- You have a hands-on mentality.
- You are familiar with the grocery retail space.
- You have very good communication skills and a high proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance options.
- 401(k) plan.
- Interact with inspiring team members and grow faster than ever before.
- The incredibly steep learning curve from day one.
- Great opportunity to build something you are proud of, we are growing super fast, which means that the opportunities at Food Rocket are virtually limitless.
- An awesome team spirit and an exciting workplace with a dynamic and international environment.
- A transparent company culture with flat hierarchies and a high career growth trajectory at Food Rocket.