US Remote /
Finance & Accounting /
Food Rocket is a San-Francisco and Chicago-based Food-Tech startup that provides the fastest grocery and hot foods delivery in the US, promising door-to-door delivery within 10+ minutes of placing an order.
Its business model is based on AI-enabled technologies to manage inventory, forecast demand, and optimize delivery time by predicting the closest micro fulfillment center that offers the fastest delivery time and the lowest fulfillment and delivery cost. The startup is competing with the biggest players in the market — DoorDash, GoPuff, Amazon Fresh, InstaCart.
We are looking for a detail-oriented Tax Accountant to ensure that the tax accounting and reporting functions for sales & use taxes for multi-state stores are performed accurately and timely. This position will also provide back-up assistance with payroll taxes as needed. This opportunity is remote, and you will be working cross-functionally with inter-continental teams.
Responsibilities: Sales and Use Tax
- Prepares, files, and remits related payments for sales and use returns in accordance with tax laws in various jurisdictions. Reconciles the general ledger account monthly.
- Provide back-up assistance with payroll tax notices as needed.
- Review and control of already filed tax returns and their correctness.
- Provide information and respond to inquiries from external auditors.
- Review audit findings and implement any necessary changes to tax processes.
- Identify opportunities to reduce property taxes and implement new strategies and processes.
- Prepare and process business licenses and permits for multiple entities
- Compile and communicate journal entries.
- Prepare U.S. Returns for multiple states and locations, including monitoring and verifying reports for accuracy.
- Research and file state and local licenses and ensure all entities are in complete compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Assist with the budget process.
- Research and respond to inquiries from other Food Rocket personnel.
- 3-5 years of Accounting experience. At least 1 year in a tax role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of property and payroll tax.
- Ability to process, reconcile, and analyze electronic data.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency using Google Workplace.
- Ability to research, audit, and analyze.
$60,000 - $80,000