Chicago, Illinois /
Sales & Marketing /
Food Rocket is a San-Francisco based Food-Tech startup that provides the fastest grocery and hot foods delivery in the US, promising door-to-door delivery within 10+ minutes of placing an order.
Its business model is based on AI-enabled technologies to manage inventory, forecast demand, and optimize delivery time by predicting the closest micro fulfillment center. The startup is competing with the biggest players in the market — DoorDash, GoPuff, Amazon Fresh, InstaCart.
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated field Sales Rockstar to join our growing Marketing team at Food Rocket. As a Sales Rockstar, you will be a Food Rocket product and brand specialist. You will work in various public settings to show potential customers why they need Food Rocket in their life. This is a paid, boots-on-the-ground opportunity in which you will be spreading brand awareness and acquiring new customers through physical means around Chicago. Our ideal candidate will have prior sales and customer service experience and be available to work flexible, part-time hours. University students are encouraged to apply.
- Become a credible Food Rocket product and brand expert that is able to accurately convey information to potential customers.
- Work collaboratively under a Lead Brand Ambassador and along with other Sales Rockstars to meet daily, weekly, and monthly activation quotas.
- Utilize top notch sales skills and constantly strive to improve performance indicators, such as the number of new users and the cost of their acquisition.
- Understand the importance of a memorable first impression for our potential customers and ensure that all interactions are done with this in mind.
- Be the face of the brand at events and sampling opportunities around Chicago.
- Assist with set up and host brand events around Chicago (i.e train stations, high traffic areas, pop-up events).
- 1-2 years of strong experience in sales or marketing
- 1-2 years of experience in customer service
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Excellent organization and multitasking skills
- Able to work exceptionally well with others in a team environment
- Able to commit to working 4 shifts weekly
- Able to lift/carry 30-50 lbs and be on your feet for the entire duration of a shift
- Knowledge of Food Rocket and our products
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work weekends and evenings for events
- Ability to work outdoors
- Be reliable, uphold honesty, and convey a positive work ethic
- $10 bonus for every new customer
- $3 bonus for every existing customer
- Bonuses (up to $1000/month) for every challenge you participate in
- It's a contractor position, so you get to pick your own hours to make extra cash in your free time