Chicago, Illinois /
We are looking for a line cook to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
Company: Food Rocket Chicago
7:30am - 4:00pm
Working Locations Available:
2925 N Halsted St, Chicago, IL 60657
901 W Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL 60607
160 E Grand Ave Chicago, IL 60611
733 South Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60605
Salary: $19 per hour
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report, and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Culinary school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a Food Handler Certificate
What We Offer:
- Great opportunity to build something you are proud of.
- An awesome team spirit and an exciting workplace with a dynamic and international environment.
- Transparent company culture with flat hierarchies and a high career growth trajectory at Food Rocket.
- Healthcare benefits after 30 days of FT employment.