Fulfillment Center Supervisor
Charlotte, North Carolina /
Fulfillment Center Supervisor / Darkstore Manager
Food Rocket is a San Francisco-based FoodTech startup that provides the fastest grocery delivery in the US, promising door-to-door delivery within 10-15 minutes of placing an order. Its business model is based on AI-enabled technologies to manage inventory, forecast demand, and optimize delivery time by predicting the closest micro fulfillment center that offers the fastest delivery time and the lowest fulfillment and delivery cost. The startup is competing with the biggest players in the market — DoorDash, GoPuff, Amazon Fresh, InstaCart.
Our Operations Department provides operational support to our riders & everyone on shift in the warehouse, and to undertake all scheduled operational duties as required. The Ops teams focus on the very core of our business which is responsible for our 10-15 minute deliveries. This role will provide significant operational knowledge and in-depth knowledge to the FC team to ensure successful performance and excellent customer experience in the final mile.
- You own the fulfillment center and delivery operations completely for your site.
- You will lead & develop a team within your warehouse and be responsible for providing them a healthy and happy work environment.
- You need to ensure that the Food Rocket spirit of Customer Obsession is always up and on fire!
- You will be the first person of contact for any performance or operational questions of your warehouse
- You will manage your own warehouse team consisting of leads, inventory associates, order fulfillment associates and riders
- You will communicate with many different stakeholders, e.g. suppliers, shift leads, riders, landlords, customers, neighbors
- You will oversee the entire operations and even roll up your sleeves to pack & deliver orders to the customer when the situation calls for it.
- You know your warehouse like the back of your hand and you can answer any question with regards to the warehouse and its processes
- You will be accountable for the warehouse performance and the achievement of warehouse KPIs
- You will analyze data around sales, customers, and delivery to make informed decisions on how to drive sales while ensuring customer satisfaction
- You will ensure product quality & availability through inventory accuracy
Who you are
- You have worked in a professional role in a similar environment (FMCG/Retail experience is a big plus)
- You have strong operations management skills
- You have a hands-on mentality
- You are familiar with the grocery retail space
- You have very good communication skills and a high proficiency in written and spoken English
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Interact with inspiring team members and grow faster than ever before.
- The incredibly steep learning curve from day one.
- Great opportunity to build something you are proud of, we are growing super fast, which means that the opportunities at Food Rocket are virtually limitless.
- An awesome team spirit and an exciting workplace with a dynamic and international environment.
- A transparent company culture with flat hierarchies and a high career growth trajectory at Food Rocket.
$55,000 - $60,000