Application Cost Estimation Engineer
United States (Remote) /
Sales & Marketing /
Formic Technologies is focused on unlocking robotic automation for small to mid-sized American manufacturers. Our mission is to continue the American legacy of innovation by increasing our customers' productivity with our innovative robots-as-a-service model, combining financial innovation with a mastery of robotics. We enable manufacturing customers to deploy and scale automation quickly and with minimal risk, and believe that technology doesn’t change the world until you make it accessible to those who need it most.
We make building things easy and believe every factory should have access to unlimited labor through automation without the traditional barriers to entry.
We didn’t invent automated systems - we just democratized them.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate potential automation applications and, developing a scope of work, and providing quotes for the sales team
- Have mastery of one or more segments of factory automation, with a firm understanding of accurate costs related to deploying turnkey automation systems
- Provide the sales team with quick-turn cost estimates that will be used in developing proposals for customers
- Create proposals that are complete and accurate that meet the company’s goals for profitability within the time frame allowed
- Analyze drawings, CAD data, parts lists, and other technical specifications to determine the scope of work, accurate deployment cost with lead time minimums
- Aid the development and iteration of costing models based on deployment feedback and your understanding of cost drivers.
- Circulate estimates to appropriate parties through an internal system
- Host estimating training sessions to help lead and coach others in the estimation process
- Meet with company management to review proposals prior to delivery to the customer and implement recommended changes
- Modify and update existing proposals as necessary
- Recommend changes in procedures, design, or equipment where necessary
- Upon receipt of an order, relay all pertinent information to the project team needed to successfully execute the project
- Participate in design reviews and customer meetings as needed throughout the pre-sales process
- Travel Requirements - 10% travel
- Minimum 3-5 years of demonstrated success in a similar position
- Preferred 7+ years of experience in related manufacturing or automation field
- Someone hungry to learn, and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Expert level understanding of factory automation including hands-on experience
- Familiarity with one or more major robot OEMs (Fanuc, Kuka, UR, ABB, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive base salary
- Equity in Formic
- One-time home office setup allowance of $3,000 USD
- Unlimited PTO
- Regular off-site events
- 401k & FSA
Formic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to our VP of People at email@example.com.