Sales Director (New England/Mid-Atlantic)
United States (Remote) /
Sales & Marketing /
Formic Technologies is focused on unlocking robotic automation for small to mid-sized American manufacturers. Our mission is to continue the American legacy of innovation by increasing our customers' productivity with our innovative robots-as-a-service model, combining financial innovation with a mastery of robotics. We enable manufacturing customers to deploy and scale automation quickly and with minimal risk, and believe that technology doesn’t change the world until you make it accessible to those who need it most.
We make building things easy and believe every factory should have access to unlimited labor through automation without the traditional barriers to entry.
We didn’t invent automated systems - we just democratized them.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Call on end-users and search for the best point of contact to close sales
- Work alongside Formic application engineers to drive proof of concept development and application design for project qualification
- Create persuasive collateral and sales materials for customer conversations.
- Develop and build relationships with executives and decision-makers in customers.
- Present monthly business reviews to the Formic senior leadership team.
- Work with a team of extraordinarily impressive, bright, focused, and motivated professionals in an environment that encourages and rewards out-of-the-box creativity and entrepreneurial drive
- Leverage an already established market footprint to further develop and execute a sales strategy for the addressable market (small to medium-sized factories)
- Execute and innovate on Formic's sales processes, including prospecting, lead generation/qualification/follow-up, quote preparation, negotiation, and order closing focusing on maximizing value for Formic
- Shepherd potential customers through the process and close deals
- Must be located in or relocate to the Mid-Atlantic or New England area
- Ability to build and maintain high quality relationships with leadership teams of manufacturers
- Ability to build a territory through proactive prospecting and lead generation
- Mastery of a complex and varying sales cycle
- Bachelor’s Degree (Technical/Engineering-focus preferred)
- 5+ years of experience selling to the Food & Beverage manufacturing industry OR packaging industry OR metal fabrication and machining industry
- Deep existing relationships in the manufacturing space selling $1m+/year of equipment
Compensation & Benefits
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive base salary
- Meaningful commission potential without a cap: 60% base salary/40% On-Target Earnings with generous multipliers for exceeding quotas
- Equity in Formic
- One-time home office setup allowance of $3,000 USD
- Unlimited PTO
- Regular off-site events
- 401k & FSA
Formic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to our VP of People at email@example.com.