Robotics Deployment Project Manager
Chicago, IL /
Deployment, Monitoring & Maintenance /
Formic Technologies is focused on unlocking robotic automation for small to mid-sized American manufacturers. Our mission is to continue the American legacy of innovation by increasing our customers' productivity with our innovative robots-as-a-service model, combining financial innovation with a mastery of robotics. We enable manufacturing customers to deploy and scale automation quickly and with minimal risk, and believe that technology doesn’t change the world until you make it accessible to those who need it most.
We make building things easy and believe every factory should have access to unlimited labor through automation without the traditional barriers to entry.
We didn’t invent automated systems - we just democratized them.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the deployment of robotics-centric automation solutions in a variety of different applications at customer sites
- Lead projects, coordinating activities with customers, engineering teams, and suppliers while overseeing third-party robotics integrators who perform much of the actual implementation work
- Work hands-on with direct involvement in all aspects of robotics solutions deployment
- Plan and manage robotics-centric automation solutions for a variety of different clients and applications, overseeing all aspects of deployment
- Define project scope and gather project requirements in cooperation with Formic Application Engineers and third party robotics integrators
- Develop and track project plans and monitor progress to ensure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met
- Aid in the resolution of issues that surface in the deployment process
- Assist with process refinement and standardization in deployments
- Travel Requirements - 20% with a mix of local overnight travel depending on location
- 3+ years prior industrial and collaborative robotics implementation experience
- Background in working with or for Robotics Systems Integrators or Machine Builders
- 3+ years of project management experience in technically complex manufacturing environments
- Strong understanding of general automation technologies that are used in conjunction with robotics (Machine Vision, Machine Safety, Drives, Motion Control, Pneumatic Automation, End of Arm Tooling, etc)
- Ability to skillfully manage a diverse set of team members and stakeholders
- Hunger to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A proven track record of managing the deployment of technically complex projects in a detail-oriented fashion
Benefits & Perks
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive base salary
- Equity in Formic
- One-time home office setup allowance of $3,000 USD
- Unlimited PTO
- Regular off-site events
- 401k & FSA
Formic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to our VP of People at email@example.com.