Business Consultant (Curia Healthcare AI)
Washington, DC /
Curia – Customer Success /
Full-Time (Remote Available)
Curia.ai (a Foundry.ai operating company) is seeking a Business Consultant to join a rapidly growing team.
The Business Consultant will play a key role in helping prospective and active customers achieve significant value from Curia’s Healthcare AI platform. The ideal Business Consultant is a highly practical data scientist or a tech and data-savvy consultant who is comfortable manipulating data, conceptually understanding and potentially applying machine learning models, and communicating nuanced results to customers. The Business Consultant will work closely with data science, software engineering, and product management colleagues; as well as client stakeholders and executives.
Curia.ai is open to working virtually with great candidates located all over the US; the current team and office are primarily in Washington, D.C.
Curia.ai is a startup focused on delivering measurable business and clinical value through the implementation of practical AI. We use cutting-edge ML and Causal Inference to forecast health risks and the effectiveness of treatments on an individual patient basis. We partner with healthcare providers, ACOs, and insurers to deliver our recommendations to doctors, who then target care based on our insights.
Curia.ai is part of Foundry.ai, a technology fund & studio that creates AI software companies in partnership with large global enterprises. Foundry’s operating companies focus on practical applications of AI that cut through the hype cycle and drive immediate, measurable, and recurring results. Foundry is backed by approximately $100MM in capital from leading private equity and venture capital partners
Curia's team is close-knit and aiming to grow as we scale our business. Working at Curia as a Business Consultant, you will have the opportunity to contribute both to the success of our client engagements, and to the direction and aspirations of the company as a whole. Curia embraces communication and integration between fields.
At Curia, you will have the opportunity to work closely with all segments of our team, from the data scientists who design our ML models, to the engineers behind the Curia AI Platform, to the executives running Foundry.ai and Curia.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Deeply understand clients’ challenges and Healthcare industry trends, and consult on how Curia can help them achieve their objectives
- Assess and prioritize opportunities according to financial and clinical value
- Process customer data to work with Curia’s existing AI tools and models, and assist clients in utilizing Curia’s software platform
- Interpret modeling results for statistical and economic viability
- Contribute to the development of new machine learning models and processes
- Explore data to find new insights, problems, and solutions
- Present analytical and operational findings to C-level executives
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with Curia’s clients
Successful candidates will have:
- Passion for using data to drive strategy and business recommendations, and communicating complex data-driven findings to decision makers
- Challenging undergraduate degree from a leading university
- 2-5 years of management consulting, client services, data science, or project management experience (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to manage and drive the strategic direction and execution of multiple initiatives
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and delivery skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a strong emphasis on developing scalable processes
- Experience using data analysis and scripting to solve business problems, e.g. using Python or SQL
- Readiness to move fast, prioritize, ask the right questions, and make critical decisions
- A self-starter mentality: you have started something on your own before -- an open-source project, a new project within a company or university, a start-up, or something else
Curia offers an extremely competitive compensation package, including equity, employer-covered health/vision/dental insurance (with an optional FSA), and 401k matching. Employees receive a generous PTO allowance, and can work both remotely and from our office in downtown Washington, D.C. Successful candidates will join a small team of ambitious, supportive co-workers with ample opportunities to take on responsibilities beyond their assigned role.
For additional information on benefits & what it's like to work at Curia, please visit curia.ai/careers.
Finally, we highlight that excellence has no single mold, particularly in a field as rapidly evolving as AI. We're looking for excellent candidates of all backgrounds with strong business intuition and technical skills, and welcome applicants regardless of ethnic/national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.