Business Development Executive
San Francisco /
At GameOn, we are pioneering conversational AI solutions to help the world’s leading brands better connect with their fans and customers to drive deeper engagement and content consumption which in turn will create richer customer data and segmentation opportunities to support digital revenue growth.
GameOn is growing significantly and we are looking for a Business Development Executive (with a title of Director, Senior Director, or VP, DOE) who will be responsible for identifying and cultivating new partnerships within our core sports industry where we currently deploy rich conversational fan engagement experiences for leading sports leagues and teams that span the entire fan journey from awareness to content consumption to retail, ticketing, and customer support in the GameOn ChatOS platform. This role will lead partnership discussions, solicit and identify prospective partner pain points along their current digital fan journeys, and successfully position GameOn’s product suite as an ideal solution. This role will also be requested to source new partnership opportunities in the first few months as we scale up our sales development efforts.
GameOn is an open and ever-evolving work environment where you’ll have ample opportunity to contribute and grow in areas of the company that interest you. We are a people-first organization that embraces a flexible work environment in order to meet the needs of our team members. Whether you prefer working-from-home, coming into our energy-rich office in the Financial District of San Francisco, or maybe a combination of the two - we support you!
- Generate interest and new business development opportunities
- Research accounts and utilize discovery skills to uncover and understand customer business problems and needs in order to effectively communicate how GameOn can solve them
- Identify and target ICP (Ideal Candidate Profile) and book meetings and eventually train and manage junior business development representatives to successfully do the same
- Drive rich leads that yield qualified sales opportunities
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of and an ability to communicate GameOn’s product and value proposition
- Deliver tailored demos to prospects
- Work closely with GameOn leaders to drive continuous improvement in lead quality, conversion rates, and pipeline generation
- Consistently meet monthly targets
- Determine a creative prospecting cadence for targeted accounts
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- At least 4 years of sales experience, successfully fulfilling or exceeding quota
- At least 2 years in software-as-a-service sales, successfully fulfilling or exceeding quota
- Successful experience in initial sales/business development stages such as identifying new prospects, outreach, and successful booking of initial prospect conversations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional comfort with ambiguity and ability to lead go-to-market discussions internally
- Enthusiastic, reliable, and independent self-starter with strong organizational, decision making, problem-solving, and creating thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as needed, working both as an individual contributor as well as part of a team
- Ability to successfully work with and influence diverse stakeholders at all seniority levels internally and externally
- Experience selling in sports, retail, or e-commerce a plus
- Familiarity with digital marketing a plus
- Experience working in growth-stage companies a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- 401k Program
- Home Office Stipend
- Time Off (14 company holidays + Unlimited PTO)
GameOn is a global leader of conversational AI chat technology, utilizing a proprietary platform, ChatOS, and a passion for building innovative messaging products to launch customized business solutions for leading global brands within broadcast media, sports, retail, and entertainment. Whether optimizing user acquisition and retention, content engagement and monetization, or digital commerce conversion in the personal messaging applications pace, GameOn is trusted by the world’s most recognized brands such as TIME Inc., The NBA, and Arsenal F.C. GameOn has been recognized for its work in the tech and sports space receiving accolades from outlets including Fast Company and the Sports Technology Awards. The company is Pre-Series B, with investors including Quest Ventures and Mirae Asset Venture Investment, and is rapidly expanding into additional industries where conversational AI messaging serves as the next frontier of customer engagement. To learn more, visitwww.gameontechnology.com.
GameOn Technology is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Our company is based on a culture of support, collaboration and passion driven by the success of our customers in the spirit of developing fans out of users.